All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketscinnamon rollsbiscuits and gravytweetsie railroadstay there againyogurtthird floorgrandfather mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The location was much more convenient to downtown than I expected. The breakfast was nice with plenty of seating room and someone who continually monitored to make sure nothing ran out. The rooms were great, and the bathroom was fine. The hotel was VERY clean, and the staff were very helpful. My only suggestion is that you not get hooked into the website suggestion that you pay in full ahead of time. The price dropped quite a bit after I did that. While I never had that occur with other chains, I will never book ahead again and pay in full ahead of time with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CoastalJen
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Unlike many Boone hotels bordered by multiple streets/shopping centers/parking lots/etc, this hotel sits alone off a bend in the road, and is surrounded by mountains. A peaceful retreat after shopping & dining in downtown Boone, about 10 mins away. The beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was ample in variety. Our room was clean and the decor up-to-date. Rates were reasonable, and in line with similar hotels in Blowing Rock and Boone. My only complaint would be that the front desk was unmanned for several minutes when I attempted to checkout. When we checked in however, the clerk was friendly, energetic, perfect service.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CocoGracieandMe
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I expect the best when I stay at Holiday Inn Express and this is right on target with my expectations. For me--Most important is the cleaniness of the room and common-use areas as well as comfort of the beds. Great stay for me in Blowing Rock. Staff gave good advice for area restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LSusanneCart
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were traveling down the Blue Ridge Pkwy and this was our next stop after Roanoke. I chose this hotel because I am a loyalty member and the rate was $63.75(WOW). Our room was very nice being spacious, clean, with a very comfy bed. The room was also very quiet. The breakfast was very good also with plenty of room and ample choices.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The check-in clerk was friendly and fair--our tub didn't drain well so we were immediately given an adjacent room. The water line to the toilet was off, so we turned it on and plugged in the bedside lights. Other than those minor issues and beds that were a bit too firm, plus an HVAC unit that didn't allow both the fan and a/c to be on at the same time, our stay was fine. Breakfast was satisfactory and apples were available in the afternoon. We didn't use the weight room or pool, or even the wireless internet, but the computer in the public area worked well. The price during the week was good, but it seems to go up significantly on weekends. The desk clerk sent us to two nearby restaurants that were both very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends