All reviewsroom was cleanpancake machinenice hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfastindoor poolnice stayfront desk staffdiscount ticketscinnamon rollsbiscuits and gravytweetsie railroadstay there againyogurtthird floorgrandfather mountainthe staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Great place . Very friendly and helpful staff. Got into room 2 hours before check-in. Beautiful rooms.....lobby.....breakfast area....and media room. Breakfast was hot and had choices. Will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
hiexpressbr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Blowing Rock, NC. I am glad that you were able to check-in to the hotel early so you could start enjoying your vacation early. We are always very happy to offer this to our guests, however we ask that you call us on the way up the Mountain (828)295-4422 so we can be ready for your early arrival. I am so happy that you had a great stay and that you "Loved our Hotel". We look forward to having you back at our hotel. Sincerely, Ben McKethan General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the HIE for one night. The rooms seemed to be newly refurbished. The hotel location was convenient to Blowing Rock and several restaurants. The hotel did not have balconies like the one in Boone but overall was probably a little nicer. The breakfast was the standard HIE breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Carync6
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We took our granddaughter to Tweetsie Railroad and found this hotel to be a perfect overnight respite. The staff were friendly and helpful when we checked in. The room was clean, comfortable, and large enough for an 8 year old to "exercise." The indoor pool was clean and large enough for several families to enjoy at the same time. The hotel has partnered with some restaurants in Blowing Rock who offer a 10% discount and we found the Woodlands BBQ place next door (walking distance) to be a perfect casual family spot for dinner. The breakfast bar was pretty comprehensive with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and the usual assortment of pastries, fruits, cereals, and yogurt, and there was plenty of room in the eating area and lobby.

This is not a romantic mountain hotel with a great scenic view, but we'll go back to this place again when we need a quick and cost-effective overnight!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tslthree
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I was studying in Boone for the summer and my husband wanted to come out and visit me with the dogs. The Holiday Inn Express in Blowing Rock was great. The staff was friendly, they gave us a room right near an exit so we could easily take the dogs outside, and the room was clean. The beds were very comfortable, as well.

The toilet wasn't working when we first arrived, and we contacted the front desk and two men were fixing the problem within minutes. Great service.

This hotel isn't located in the heart of Blowing Rock, but it's a great place to stay if you have dogs, and it's an easy two minute drive into the historic Blowing Rock area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for 3 nights during a visit to the area. We really have no complaints. The rooms and common areas were clean, the rooms were comfortable, the complementary breakfast was more than adequate, the location was convenient, and the price represented a good value. I'd like to make special mention of the fact that on one day, my wife and her friend needed transportation to a location about a mile away, and the manager went well above and beyond the call of duty by driving them there personally. Impressive!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple