“Beautiful Location Great Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Village Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Alpine Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful Location Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at the Inn last week. It was my first time (not last) in North Carolina and I have to say, I LOVED IT!! Not to mention where I stayed - The Alpine Inn ! The Inn Keeper Charlie and his wife were very helpful in telling me where to go and what to see, and the rooms was very clean, cozy, and quaint. I highly recommended this Inn if you are looking for an affordable place to stay in a great location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant and owners very extremely hospitable. They seem to know the area well and their recommendations met our expectations. The room was extremely clean and looked recently renovated. The inn itself had a warm and cozy feel! The location was great and there are multiple restaurants and shops around the area. All in all, I'd recommend it to a friend and would definitely see myself going back! :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night in late October while I was motorcycling down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The room was small but comfortable and well appointed. The property is in an excellent location with first class locations for dinner and breakfast just a few doors away -- much better quality food than I had anticipated.

What really sets the Alpine Inn apart is the attention and helpfulness of hosts Charles and Katherine. For example, winter decided to arrive the night that I stayed. I awoke to an inch of snow on the motorcycle with a forecast high just above freezing. Although I had some warm gear with me, this was more than I had prepared for. Charles is a motorcyclist himself and was extremely helpful. He got on the phone and identified a Harley dealer about thirty miles away that had heated gear. In addition, he worked with me to identify an alternate route to my next destination through the valley instead of over the Parkway that would be quite a bit warmer. He encouraged me to stay past check-out time until it had warmed up as much as it was going to in Blowing Rock. Overall, he was terrifically supportive and extremely helpful.

When I arrived at the Harley dealer, they all knew Charles, and were very helpful. Because of his contact, they suspended the "only work on Harleys" rule, brought my Kawasaki into the shop, and made the electrical connections needed for the heated gear. Thank you Charles!

I highly recommend the Alpine Village Inn. But especially if you're touring on a motorcycle, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vincent C
Pineville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Alpine Village Inn is the ideal location! Close enough to walk to the little shops uptown, but yet quiet and cozy! My daughter and i stayed here over a weekend and had a warm reception from the minute reservations were made. The owner immediately offered suggestions of things to do and see. At check in, not only were suggestions made for dinner spots, but they even called in reservations for us! PLUS the added bonus of the doggies! We could not have asked for a better more comfortable stay!! Trust me, you CAN"T go wrong making reservations at Alpine Village Inn!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 and it was nice, clean, perfectly placed in the center of the inn!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Totally thrilled with my stay. We got the Appalachian suite. Wood floors, clean as a whistle, comfortable bed, private deck and a beautiful setting. Staff was courteous and friendly. Nice breakfast in the morning. If I return to Blowing Rock, there will not be another option. Good people, period.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was so charming and perfectly located. We could walk to everything, and we did. Owner had suggestions where to eat and offered to call for reservations. We would definitely stay there again if we return to Blowing Rock. Hanging planters, little waterfall, beautiful gazebo, rocking chairs in front- postcard perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bagpipechick
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great place to stay in town so that you can walk to restaurants, shopping, coffee shops and ice cream. We brought our dog, so the king bed was a little tight with the crate, but that was our choice. Bathroom was very clean. We liked the hardwood floors in our room. Owners offered spot-on recommendations for restaurants and activities. Wi-fi access was fine. It's about a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway, and I was able to catch up with a relative at App State in Boone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple