“Best”

Ranked #4 of 11 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Best”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Alpine Village Inn nuzzled in the small town of Blowing Rock is the best therapy any family or couple can have that is looking for relaxation and fun. The Inn keepers; Charles and Kathy, compliment that "home grown feeling" with their attentiveness to their guest needs and their friendly courtesy.
We are blessed that we stayed there in celebration of our 4th wedding anniversary! We enjoyed our spacious suite for an excellent rate, also we enjoyed every restaurant that was suggested by our host Kathy. The Blowing Rock Wine Festival was that same weekend and we could not have had a better time! Five star thumbs up for the Alpine Village Inn!
Tom & Arlene

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arlene6551

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hickory, NC
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here on a quick midweek getaway. I called for reservations, which were made promptly in a very courteous manner. They had family arriving that day, and just in case we got there before they had finished an errand, they left our key waiting at the front desk. The innkeepers were pleasant upon arrival and check-in was very fast. Our room (11) was not huge, but it was ample size for the two of us. The shower/tub combo included a jacuzzi tub and updated decor in the bathroom. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and a nice departure from the typical chain hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Some rooms are "deluxe" rooms, which have a jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Atwater, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Charles and Katherine welcome you as friends, and look after you your entire stay. We asked directions to the art and history museum, restaurants, attractions, and gas stations but we couldn't stump Charles! He made calls to restaurants for their daily specials! Gracious and accommodating. You'd never be sorry you stayed at their inn. We sincerely recommend you do.

Room Tip: The fireplace in the suite was inviting and warming on a cool spring night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

The inn is in a great location. It's only a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants on Main Street. The rooms are very small, but they are clean and have a country charm to them.

Stayed April 2012
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Alpine Village Inn is clean, comfortable, affordable and well-run. Katherine and Charles Smid know how to operate a great spot in a beautiful town. They also went the extra mile for me. The business part of my trip required access to a high-security facility. At 7:30 a.m., in a rainstorm, I arrived at the facility without the billfold I had left in my room and it was too late to go back and forth. The Smids found my billfold, faxed a copy of my driver's license and I could take care of business. Two days later the billfold arrived in the mail at my home. I can't wait to take my wife and go back to the inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jude L
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was riding my mc back from florida to new york and had to ride the BRP, got off in blowing rock, most of the town and motels were closed for the season, it was only march. the alpine village was open, the price was right and the room was very clean and recently updated, the owner charles is a biker himself. I would recommend this motel to anybody riding the BRP, charles gave me several dining options and also had the menus of most of the restaurants in town, his wife katherine even phoned several of them to see if they were open.. also the in room coffee maker had a "gourmet" coffee packet which was a pleasant surprise, because I'm a bit of a coffee snob.I would recommend to charles to advertise his motel on some of the mc sites that are all over the internet

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ringwing
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had stayed at Alpine Village Inn a couple years back for a short snowboard weekend with my son and had a great experience. So when my wife and I wanted to get away for a few days by ourselves we decided to revisit Alpine Village Inn. We were completely satisfied. The rates are very affordable, the rooms quite comfortable and very clean, the location is perfect in downtown Blowing Rock and the Inn keepers a wealth of information. Charlie and Kathy were very accomodating and made our stay even better with their many suggestions on local eateries for every palate, to hiking/ sight seeing adventures and many local stores for shopping. What we liked best was the relaxed, effortless atmosphere. What we liked least is we had to return home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple