“Nice Experience”
Review of Alpine Village Inn

Alpine Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Blowing Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here on a quick midweek getaway. I called for reservations, which were made promptly in a very courteous manner. They had family arriving that day, and just in case we got there before they had finished an errand, they left our key waiting at the front desk. The innkeepers were pleasant upon arrival and check-in was very fast. Our room (11) was not huge, but it was ample size for the two of us. The shower/tub combo included a jacuzzi tub and updated decor in the bathroom. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and a nice departure from the typical chain hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Some rooms are "deluxe" rooms, which have a jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Charles and Katherine welcome you as friends, and look after you your entire stay. We asked directions to the art and history museum, restaurants, attractions, and gas stations but we couldn't stump Charles! He made calls to restaurants for their daily specials! Gracious and accommodating. You'd never be sorry you stayed at their inn. We sincerely recommend you do.

Room Tip: The fireplace in the suite was inviting and warming on a cool spring night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The inn is in a great location. It's only a short walk to all of the shops and restaurants on Main Street. The rooms are very small, but they are clean and have a country charm to them.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Alpine Village Inn is clean, comfortable, affordable and well-run. Katherine and Charles Smid know how to operate a great spot in a beautiful town. They also went the extra mile for me. The business part of my trip required access to a high-security facility. At 7:30 a.m., in a rainstorm, I arrived at the facility without the billfold I had left in my room and it was too late to go back and forth. The Smids found my billfold, faxed a copy of my driver's license and I could take care of business. Two days later the billfold arrived in the mail at my home. I can't wait to take my wife and go back to the inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jude L
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was riding my mc back from florida to new york and had to ride the BRP, got off in blowing rock, most of the town and motels were closed for the season, it was only march. the alpine village was open, the price was right and the room was very clean and recently updated, the owner charles is a biker himself. I would recommend this motel to anybody riding the BRP, charles gave me several dining options and also had the menus of most of the restaurants in town, his wife katherine even phoned several of them to see if they were open.. also the in room coffee maker had a "gourmet" coffee packet which was a pleasant surprise, because I'm a bit of a coffee snob.I would recommend to charles to advertise his motel on some of the mc sites that are all over the internet

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ringwing
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had stayed at Alpine Village Inn a couple years back for a short snowboard weekend with my son and had a great experience. So when my wife and I wanted to get away for a few days by ourselves we decided to revisit Alpine Village Inn. We were completely satisfied. The rates are very affordable, the rooms quite comfortable and very clean, the location is perfect in downtown Blowing Rock and the Inn keepers a wealth of information. Charlie and Kathy were very accomodating and made our stay even better with their many suggestions on local eateries for every palate, to hiking/ sight seeing adventures and many local stores for shopping. What we liked best was the relaxed, effortless atmosphere. What we liked least is we had to return home.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanDonna264
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had a really great time at the Alpine Village Inn. My girlfriend and I rode to Blowing Rock on my motorcycle and were pleasantly surprised to find out that Charles, the innkeeper, is a motorcycle rider, too! He made us feel really welcome and gave us lots of help with places to eat and suggestions about where to go and what to do. The room was small but immaculately clean and very homey feeling. I would recommend this inn to anyone and will stay there in the future. It was nice having a fellow motorcyclist like Charles to talk to and swap stories with. Thanks, Charles and Katherine!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple