“"A brook runs through it" *** added Pictures”

Super 8 Black Mountain
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Pictures taken by husband of 1961Shopgirl. Pleasent grounds, nice pool, parking spaces not too small, Mexican restaurant just across the foot bridge. We didn't try the restraurant therefore no report on that.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I will report on our experience at the Super 8 Black Mountain and not anything I read on the internet. We arrived before the 3PM check in time but it was not an issue at all.

They accepted our coupon from the interstate and even gave us the low rate for the second night. Some motels will only give you the coupon rate for one night. That saved us $22.

The three peoplel we interacted with at the front desk were all helpful and friendly.

The property in general and the room in particular, was pleasant and comfortable especially for the price.

The location is very handy to town and restaurants. The parking lot was spacious and spotless and the pool was inviting and far enough from the rooms not to bother guests in their rooms.

The views are a plus and the brook and the small gazebo are an unexpected feature.
A very nice place to drink your morning coffee
.We will be staying there again.

1  Thank Shopgirl1961
Reviewed July 26, 2010

my husband and i just wanted to get away for the weekend little did we know asheville was haveing bele cher that weekend and the hotel we usually stay in was full so we went to black mountain and found the super 8.. the lady at the front desk was very friendly..we had paid for 2 days but the pillows were so hard i felt like someone had poured a concret slab for pillows my husband and i joked that our bodies slept on the first flour while our heads were on the second i had a very bad pain in my neck the next morning if pillows were the only problem i woud have went to the dollar store around the corner and bought some but when we walked in the room it smelled BAD thank goodness i always carry air freshner in my truck..the paint was peling on the walls and the neighbor hood that it was in looked a litle seedy..the pool was dirty.. if we would not have been so tired we proberly would have checked out the same day ..the same lady that checked us in also checked us out she had not problems with refunding our money and was very polite.she needs a raise because im sure she to deal with alot of crap..

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our three children for one night while traveling through the Asheville area. We wanted the lowest price possible but also ideally wanted a place that included breakfast, had a pool , free wireless and was convenient to Asheville. Super8 delivered all of this for $84. It was not the most awesome hotel we've ever stayed in, but we also did not expect it to be. We basically wanted a safe, quiet place to spend one evening without breaking the bank and we got exactly what we were looking for.

The front desk clerk (Melissa) was pleasant and friendly upon check-in and check-out. Both processes were a breeze. The room was older and could use some TLC, but it was clean and I saw no bugs. There were two areas (one near the window and one near the front door) where there has been some water damage and mildew was forming. The refrigerator and microwave had both seen better days but they both worked. There was a coffeemaker and hairdryer in the room. We had a very nice view of the mountains from our room. I had no problems connecting to the wireless network and I did not experience any lag. The kids got to enjoy the pool for a little while, which is open from 10 am to 10 pm. The hotel is pet friendly, and although we could hear a dog barking in the room next door when we first arrived, we did not hear it again, so I was pleased with the quietness of the hotel. The free continental breakfast was served in the lobby from 6-9 am, and included things like cereal, muffins (english, blueberry and banana), orange juice and coffee.

All in all, we felt we got a pretty good deal. I would stay here again if I were needing to be in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Blizzard conditions hit western NC on the weekend of 12/18/09 and what normally takes an hour or so took almost 5hours for my son and his 2 friends to make it to Black Mountain,NC where he finally agreed to pull over! He's a freshman (age 19) at Western Carolina and was trying to make it home for Christmas. I called the Super 8 to get a room, as they are right off the interstate and it comes up in the GPS, and use my cc to pay for the room and Mr Patel would NOT rent them a room as no one was over 21! let me stress there was 3 inches of ice on the road covered by a foot and a half of snow/my son was being passed by folks on snow skis on I-40 E/18 wheelers were pulled over but this so called manager would NOT rent them a room! DO NOT STAY here go down the road to the Apple Blossom Motel-they are nice there and VERY accomodating!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Can't say enough good things about this Super 8 Motel. Rooms clean, neat and warm. Everything worked as it should INCLUDING THE ROOM KEY, EVERY SINGLE TIME...Room included fridge and microwave, which was a real plus, since so many motels are taking these two items out of rooms and charging guests to bring them back into the room. Rooms were cleaned and fresh towels each day. Front desk people were cordial and friendly ALL THE TIME..Would highly recommend this Super 8 to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We booked a one night stay for a weekend getaway. The room had an overwhelming smell of mold and mildew. Within 15 minutes my family and I felt nauseated and light headed from the smell. I asked to change rooms, but the rude motel manager told me I had already used the one I was in because we sat on the bed and washed our hands in the sink. She offered to give us some "spray" for the smell. We were refused a refund so we left and moved on down I-40 to a brand new hotel that smelled much better. I feel that if we had stayed my whole family would have gotten seriously ill. Spend the extra $20-$30 to keep your health.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
#54 of 66 in Asheville
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
#40 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Super 8 Black Mountain? Share your experiences!