“Down home goodness”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a family run business, and the quality of the pizza is the best, to me the sauce is the foundation of a good pizza and their sauce is very good. The only thing to watch out for is the amount of people that are in town during the leaf watching in October

There are newer reviews for My Father's Pizza

Reviewed June 30, 2014

All three pizza places in town are pretty good, and I'd say My Father's is right in the middle. They're also probably the most affordable of the three. I'd compare the pizza to a better quality Papa Johns style, if that helps you make a decision on where to choose, but note that they've got the best outdoor seating of all three as well, since you're right on Cherry Street, elevated above it, so there's activity and bustle going on, which makes for a good time over a pie, in my opinion.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Go for the pizza (it's good) but get hooked on the laid back atmosphere and local beers on tap. Family friendly and the bill won't break the bank. I didn't realize Black Mtn had such a big tourist crowd on wknds.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Had the Skinny Pig pizza and loved it. Antipasto salad was fantastic and big enough as a meal by itself. Kids liked the cheese pizza. Friendly service with indoor and outdoor seating. No wait.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at My Father's Pizza with friends while on the way to Asheville. They have multiple fresh offerings, are easy going and have a low-key atmosphere. They have a specialty pizza, the Skinny Pig which is great but I also love the Hippie Pig, with homemade shiitake mushroom "bacon. They have fresh dough, cheese, and toppings - some are even grown and picked right there. They have a great outdoor seating area and also sell a few other local delicacies from their restaurant, including Lusty Monk spicy mustard. Local draft beer is also offered. They are right off the main drag in Black Mountain and you can walk around the shops after stuffing your face there.