“Quick and Easy Alternative to Fast Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of My Father's Pizza

My Father's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Florida
“Quick and Easy Alternative to Fast Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Despite the implications behind its name, My Father's Pizza is not your best pizza choice in Western Carolina. Pizza is OK -- and if you are traveling with kids who would eat pizza at every meal, then this is a great choice for the family. But I skip the pizza in favor of other menu offerings ... and there are some really nice ones, especially for vegetarians. What I like about My Father's Pizza is that it's the most convenient place to eat when walking around the village of Black Mountain. If I wanted great pizza, I'd go elsewhere. If I wanted a really creative menu, I'd go elsewhere. But sometimes all I need is a truly satisfying meal that is served quickly and cheerfully, and this, My Father's Pizza has all over the competition in the immediate downtown area.

• Visited June 2011

Asheville, North Carolina
“BEST PIZZA FROM SCRATCH IN AREA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

My kids love this place. Its not fancy, although the high ceilings in an old building are nice. The biggest pluses regarding atmosphere are the windows and outdoor seating right in the heart of Black Mountain. This pizza is made from scratch and is excellent. The prices are not the lowest, but very reasonable as pizza goes. Expect a great pizza you'll enjoy, fair service usually by a college student from the local college, tall ceilings, outdoor seating and very large windows that face out into the heart of Black Mountain. The two restaurants we frequent in Black Mountain are this one and the Viranda Cafe across the street. This is the restaurant you'll want to come to with a large party over six, as the Viranda does not have the seating for large parties. You can't go wrong trying My Father's Pizza once. You might be like us, and be hooked for a decade when it comes to their pizza.

Visited December 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hot food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

The pizza was okay, nothing with the pizza but didn't match our tastes. The french onion soup is phenomenal and the salad is huge, especially for what you pay.

Visited December 2011
Asheville,NC
“Pizza=Perfecto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

What constitutes a "great pizza" will give as many different answers as there are diners, but for our family the "perfect pizza" must have: a thin, crisp,a rich yeasty-tasting crust, fresh ingredients, and interesting combination choices. My Father's Pizza, a Black Mountain, NC fixture, meets all these criteria and most importantly--delivers consistently. There are no "bad pizza days" at My Father's.

The patrons are loyal-returning time and again with their families and friends because they know they will always leave satisfied.

• Visited November 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

The BEST pizza ever! The crust was so thin and crispy.......We had the Father's Special medium size pizza and took pizza home. We also had pumpkin beer! Worth the drive there from Lake Lure.

• Visited November 2011