“Still The Same After All This Time”

The Red Rocker Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We used to go to the Red Rocker B & B when our girls were Little and we took them to Camp Greystone. It must be 25 years ago when we first came when there was a big tire swing in the front yard and the dining porch was not enclosed. I remember they prayed before the evening meal. Now they pray only at breakfast our waiter told us. It is still very popular as you can tell by the website and their awards.

Ou trout was delicious! Although it did require a lot of lemon. We had a nice bottle of French white. The desserts are the most fabulous and all homemade. We had blackberry cobbler, apple pie with caramel drizzle and berry pie that included rhubarb. Enough for six people not just four.

Don't miss a walk down to the lake if you go and certainly if you only go for dinner like we did. They happened to be having a live performance since it was summer and Thursday night. We walked back and sat in the chairs out front and swung on the porch swing. It was a cool evening.

A great place for dinner or to stay. Still great after all these years. Some places you are disappointed if you return. This is not the case here I am happy to say!

1  Thank AlwaysShopping

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our delightful stay at the RED ROCKER INN was matched only by the fantastic food that we partook of for dinner and then at the breakfast buffet. We made our dinner reservations (you would want to do this as well) at the same time as our room accommodations. There are many fine choices from the dinner menu. The evening we were there we chose the meat loaf, crab cakes (as good as I have EVER had, even in the low country of Charleston), their cheese grits and some delicious summer mixed veggies. And then ~ there is their homemake biscuits. They just may want to make you slap your grandma! Served along side the perfect temperature butter, and again, homemake apple butter. Soooo good!!! (You will just need to get use to the phrase "home made" in this review.) Couple this with a favorite glass of wine or locally (Asheville) brewed beer and you will have quite the memorable dinner. On our visit we were tempted with nine (9) different desserts. Oh my goodness. We selected the Praline Apple Pie w/vanilla ice cream. And a very good choice it was.
At breakfast the next morning we were welcomed to the buffet with an explanation of all that was available and if perhaps the spinach quiche did not suit us they would make eggs to order. But in our case the quiche was perfect as was the bacon, the stewed apples, again ~ the biscuits, the apple french toast and fresh blueberry muffins. There was also the offerings of link sausage, a variety of fresh fruits, granola made in-house, cheese grits and gravy. It is of the utmost importance that you bring a good, hearty appetite when you visit the RED ROCKER INN for a meal. I truly look forward to YOUR review after you have treated yourself to a portion of divine food from this establishment. They certainly know what they are doing in the kitchen.

1  Thank KimFink
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Fabulous setting for a great dinner at moderate prices. Wife and I had rainbow trout - never better.
My former college roommate and his wife also very pleased. Good waiter, much fun, great place to slow down and get caught up on life. Try it, you will be so glad you did. Dessert is to die for! Come early and sip wine on the beautiful front porch.

1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Everything about this experience was delightful. This has to be one of the few inns of this caliber left. The food was excellent and the wait staff expertly trained. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy this great place. Reservations are suggested so you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had stayed the night at the Inn so breakfast was included with the stay. They have the best breakfast ever. An egg dish, a breakfast bread dish, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fresh fruit plus your beverage. If you don't like the egg dish they will fix you an egg(s) any way that you like. This was our second stay and breakfast was also wonderful the first stay.

We did eat dinner the previous evening there. My husband had the Roast Beef dinner and loved it, you get plenty of food. I had the Trout and wasn't happy with it. It was a little too fishy for my taste. The waiter offered to bring me something else, but I felt since I ordered it that I should just try and eat it.