“A GREAT B&B”
Review of Red Rocker Inn

Red Rocker Inn
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is just the 2nd time I have stayed at a Bed and Breakfast. It was a great experience. I had a room on the third floor - with a private bathroom. It was very roomy and the bathroom had a seperate shower and a clawfoot tub. The decor was pretty in all the rooms that I could peek into. The hosts were friendly and made me feel VERY at home. Breakfast was so good, I went back three times for helpings of the blueberry bread pudding!!!!! They also serve dinner, but we didn't eat there, but I'm sure it would have been great. Jenny was VERY helpful with directions to attractions and even called about Chimney Rock, she knew the elevator had been having trouble and called to see if it was working - over 400 steps if it wasn't. I would recommend this Inn and would MOST CERTAINLY go back there.

Room Tip: I lked this third floor room (Garrett). It had skylights, and fireplace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
redrocker07, Owner at Red Rocker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for posting your review! It's fun to help people get to know our great area and guide them in enjoying their time in and near Black Mountain. You'll have to come back some time when the Chimney Rock Park elevator is working, hopefully soon. Thanks again for coming, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful Inn. Doug and Jenny are the perfect hosts. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's like home. The breakfast buffet is out of this world !!! Can't wait to return this fall. I have stayed here many times. Each time more special than the last.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am new to the B&B scene; however, I found Red Rocker Inn to be a pleasant place to stay. Doug and Jenny were eager to accommodate my stay. They have an excellent breakfast! The Restaurant is open for both breakfast and dinner to the public. Red Rocker Inn is in a beautiful setting and is extremely peaceful. The Inn is very quiet at night, in fact there are NO televisions in any of the rooms. I know what you may be thinking, BUT it is actually quite nice not to have a television. Definitely stay at the Red Rocker Inn while visiting Asheville!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay here every year when I pick up my kids from Camps Merrimac and Timberlake in Black Mountain. The Inn keepers are so friendly, and the food is simply fabulous. We usually go to closing ceremonies at the camp, then bring our kids back to dinner with us at the Inn, take them back for one last night at camp, and then enjoy an amazing breakfast the next morning before getting them one last time to head home.

We often see the same families year after year. It wouldn't be a camp summer without our night at the Red Rocker.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We're so glad to be part of your annual summer visit. As you may know, we love camp too, and it's great to have so many camp families stay with us as they drop off and pick up their kids for summer camps. See you next year!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The rooms are very nicely appointed. Breakfast was fantastic. We also had dinner at our own expense. Do have dinner there. The menu is very upscale and the service is excellent. The dinner was delicious. I would definitely go back for a two or three day stay. The little town is very enjoyable. Go to the hardware store. It will take you back in time. By the way, there are no televisions in the room. I actually liked that.

Room Tip: Rooms are very different. Be certain you tell them what you need.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is an Inn. If I wanted to stay at the Biltmore House hotel, that's an open option. The Inn is quiet, comfortable and cozy. The Innkeepers make you part of their family. The Dining Room is known in the area as a top spot to eat, and we were delighted. Our room had a King bed and a fireplace, very roomy. I'd like to try the "attic". Stairs can be a problem for older folks, but we're still able to get around. Great spot. I'm making new reservations right now.

Room Tip: Let them know what you're looking for. Tell them what you don't want. Be specific.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettered4
redrocker07, Owner at Red Rocker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Hi! Thanks for your review! Just a comment to folks.... we do have four first floor rooms, so please ask when you book if climbing stairs is a difficulty for you.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

All different sizes of rooms. Cute
Country motif. Bathroom's can be small. Ask based on your needs. The restaurant is Fabulous! Breakfast is excellent. 5 star dining. No TV's in room. One old one in front den. It has it benefits! Close to town. Can walk easily to other nice restaurant's and cool shopping.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank AngelaC810

Thanks for the nice review, we're especially glad you enjoyed your meals. Come back again because we're always offering something new!