“All they do is lunch, and they do it well!”

Veranda Cafe & Gifts
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Daily plate lunches, six house made soups, unique sandwiches, wraps, Panini's, salads, decadent desserts, and more..
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Multiple homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, and greaaat deserts. This is clearly a local and visitor favorite. There can be a wait, but it's worth it. I eat here often. Faves: The Turkey Berry Brie Panini; The McDibs Roastbeef; The Chef Salad; and any of the soups. Nice staff. Great space!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have eaten at the Veranda Café many times and always found the food and service to be excellent. You can't beat the quality of the food for the price, especially from the grill. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I live in the area, and the Veranda Cafe is one of my favorite places for lunch. I can always count on having a delicious meal and receiving friendly & attentive service. Plus, the prices are right! I always recommend the Veranda Cafe.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I come to the mountains every year in the fall and decided to visit Black Mountain. I usually stay in Asheville but didn't know what I was missing. Not only are the Mountains all around you but the charm of Black Mountain is so much more quaint and charming. Above all I found this gem of a lunch spot with the same charm of this small town, wonderful food and exceptional service. I have eaten three meals and each time I had a very pleasant experience. The flavors are very upscale especially with the soups. I love soups. I would have to say my favorite was the McDibb but the dessert selection was excellent. All the staff is very friendly and seem to work together to take care of customers as a team. I am very impressed. I will be back.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

There are only positive things to say about this restaurant. We have been eating with the Veranda family for many years. The food is consistently good, and therefore I never hesitate to recommend it. The ambiance is perfect for lunches, the service is excellent, and the prices are fair. Their shrimp and grits special is a treat, and their home-made soups are always worth a try. In short, this is the perfect lunch cafe!