“Enjoyed a taste of Germany” 4 of 5 bubbles

Berliner Kindl Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Delaware
“Enjoyed a taste of Germany”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Since I have traveled to Germany a number of times, I enjoy good German food. Berliner Kindle had the feel of a German restaurant, but perhaps more likely Bavarian than Berlin. I enjoyed a Schnitzel platter, with fried potatoes and sauerkraut. It was basic and was reminiscent of my German experiences. While I felt I was back in Germany while sitting in the restaurant, the southern accent of the waitress seemed a little out of place. But she was very pleasant. At least they did not serve sweet tea. Good German Beer on tap.

Visited July 2014

Franklin, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best part of Germany in the North Carolina mountains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a wonderful find! We had never been to Black Mountain and were on our way to Acoustic Corner Music store, when we happened to spot this gem. Excellent reception by Sharon Trube the owner, excellent service by Elizabeth, fantastic Schaller and Weber liver pate app that went perfectly with our Hofbrau Lager. Comfort level was so nice I wanted to move in. Thank you Sharon and Freddie Trube for working so hard for 17 years to create an unforgettable atmosphere. We will back! And will bring friends!!

• Visited September 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Schnitzel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had diner at the Berliner Kindl in Black Mountain, NC. The lemon schnitzel was very good. They have a pretty varied menu with all the favorite German dishes. Since I like schnitzel that was my natural choice, and they had about 6 different options. It was a quiet night, so service a was prompt, and courteous. The food was very good, and he 16oz dark beer is a must if you like German beer. I would definitely go back. [There is a small bar and no outside seating]

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pflugerville, Texas
“Delicious Hearty Servings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

For a rainy day, a hearty serving of German fare makes for some delicious comfort food! Our waitress was prompt and very nice.

Visited July 2013
NC
“Average place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The actually restaurant was cute right in downtown black mountain.The food was average at best and the service was ok. I thought it was a little pricey for that area and the quality of food.

Visited May 2013