“A solid pizza joint.”

Pepperoni's Gourmet Pizza - Black Mountain
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Pepperoni's is committed to preparing the highest quality pizza, pasta, subs, salads & wings in the industry at an affordable price to our customers. We strive to provide our customers with a high level of service in a clean and comfortable environment. Our goal is to become involved in the community by sponsoring local events and activities as well as offering delivery service within the area.
“A solid pizza joint.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my lady went here the other day to give or a try. The location is in a shopping center, but the view from inside the restaurant is a fantastic mountainous scene. The inside has a fun, easygoing vine to it. The menu is well pit together with a veriety of items. My lady had the ceaser salad and BBQ pizza; I had the dry rub jerk wings and the teriaki pizza. The ceaser salad was good and the jerk wings were tastey. Both the teriaki and BBQ pizzas are delicious, but I sampled some of the BBQ and it was our favorite thing. Can't to go back and try there other pizzas, subs, ziti, and wings. Also, they deliver in Black Mountain, so you don't have to leave home.

2 Thank boostjunki84
Brian_Propst, Public Relations Manager at Pepperoni's Gourmet Pizza - Black Mountain, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
boostjunki84- thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us. As you mentioned, with so much to offer, there's always something new to try! We hope you'll be back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great pizza”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

For a small town Black Mountain has a large number of pizza places. Pepperoni's has the best pizza around. My favorite is called 'the good stuff". The restaurant is in a small strip center & doesn't ave much ambiance so we usually get take out - and they deliver too! The crust is great, toppings fresh and yummy!

1 Thank KenKat
Brian_Propst, Guest Relations Manager at Pepperoni's Gourmet Pizza - Black Mountain, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Glad you enjoyed our fresh and yummy toppings. We hope you'll be back soon!
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Pepperonis is the best pizza joint in Black Mountain! Their extensive menu offers everyone something to enjoy and their desert pizza is the best I have ever had!! They also have an amazing and enjoyable staff :) I'm a pepperonis fan! Please go try it and I guarantee you will leave a fan as well!

2 Thank Wjs22630
Wjs22630, thanks for your review. We're glad you love our food!
NC
“OUTSTANDING Pizza”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

They don't call it "Gourmet" without reason...this is the best pizza I've eaten in a long time, and possibly ever. I told the owner that the crust is the best crust I've ever had so any comment about being too sweet is crazy wrong. It is perfect crust. Our family of 4 had 3 different pizzas and the large Greek salad which we shared 3 ways! it was that large. "The Good Stuff" pizza is by far the most delicious pizza I've ever had. Don't change a thing. The restaurant is clean, appealing, welcoming to families, and I didn't even notice music if it was playing because we were too busy enjoying the food. Owners were friendly and asked how our experience was. Nothing to improve on here as it's a homerun in terms of quality and service.

1 Thank tea42
Brian_Propst, Public Relations Manager at Pepperoni's Gourmet Pizza - Black Mountain, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thanks for the review and we are glad you had a great experience. We are proud to have you as our customer!
Black Mountain
“Crust way too sweet”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Upon reading the few other reviews I realize that "kinks still need to be worked out." This restaurant is a cute little "hole in the wall" at a strip mall with plenty of parking, conveniently located. I asked if they made their pizza dough right there, and the waitress answered, "Yes." I commented that the dough had been made with too much sugar, and she seemed surprised to hear anything 'negative' about the pizza. It was way too sweet, making me wonder if they had made our 14" pepperoni pizza with the dessert dough and did not realize it. Also, the pepperoni slices themselves were the absolute saltiest I have ever eaten. The dough was not gourmet, but, rather, had exactly the same, soft consistency of all generic, commercial pizzas. Make sure you ask the price of beer before you order one. I was charged 3.50 for a small bottle of Yuengling, (seriously?) but could have had an IPA or Ninja from Asheville Brewery for the same price.They had many beers listed for 2.50-2.75. Everyone seems friendly, definitely a casual place with wait staff sporting holes in their jeans. My silverware arrived in plastic but was missing the fork. I didn't say anything and used my friend's fork. We waited quite a bit of time for the pizza although the restaurant was not at all crowded on a Monday night. The pizza did look exactly like the photograph, plenty of super-thin pepperoni slices with the dough's nice-looking rise around the edges, and we enjoyed sitting on the bench looking at the mountain view We might go back to try their salads and chicken wings, but the pizza, no. Tasted kind of like "Wonderbread." I just do not believe they make their dough there. Yep, work out the kinks!

Visited February 2013
Brian_Propst, Website Admin at Pepperoni's Gourmet Pizza - Black Mountain, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Vienna1717- thank you so much for your review. We strive to always put the customer first by preparing the best food at the best price. We are sorry to hear that your pizza was not the best you've had. Yes, we do make our dough fresh daily and I'm wondering what could have make your crust taste so sweet.

Thanks for the suggestion on letting customers know the prices of our beer selection. We will focus on training our servers on this. Thanks for your continued patience and we truly hope you will come visit and try our pizza again. It really is the best in town. If you are not satisfied, ask for the owner, Kara, are we won't make you pay :)

Take care!