“A Must Visit”

The Artisan Gourmet Market
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Black Mountain
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Soups
Description: The Artisan, where shopping is a sensory experience! From the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the visual appeal of local artwork on the walls, to the excitement of shopping for gourmet foods or relaxing by the fireplace with a glass of wine. What our customers come for:- Friendly staff- Great breakfast omelettes, pastries, lunch options- Sandwiches, soups, desserts- Espresso based drinks by trained baristas made with locally roasted beans. 100% fruit smoothies made to order. Fresh meats and seafood, deli with prepared foods to go, extensive wine department and local products. Free wine tasting Thursday evenings from 5-7- Free wifi. A great place to meet friends.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place to shop for those culinary delights that wouldn't be easily found at the local market. While visiting Lake Lure from
Charleston, we rode over to Black Mountain and were well taken with this great place to find home made specialty sausages, such as andouille and chorizo. So much from which to select--absolutely fantastic. Can't wait until our next visit.

1  Thank Harold H

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

This is the place to go for coffee/breakfast sandwich in the a.m., lunch, wine/beer at night. When in black mountain, my husband and I go every morning.

Excellent homemade packaged foods like salads, quality meats for the grill, and catering for gatherings. Thursday nights are informal wine tasting nights. The owners are onsite and take pride in their products and services. They are always tweaking and improving to meet customers' needs.

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Great cafe attached to a gourmet market (with wonderful selection of wines, cheeses and prepared foods). Cafe has a juice bar and excellent coffees and smoothies. Sandwiches were all delicious as was the flatbread pizza. A few more salad options would have made it even more perfect!

1  Thank Eat-Sleep-Walk
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

If ever in the area it's a must stop. This quint little coffee shop has nice seating, food and good coffee. Wish I was there now!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This place is an hour from my home, but if I find myself on I-40, I never just pass by. This time, at the recommendation of another customer, I brought home some roasted red pepper soup. I would love to know what all is in that soup! It is outstanding - and I hope it's a permanent fixture on the menu, but I'll definitely be repeating THAT little adventure. I picked up some olives and local cheeses and wine and rosemary crackers, and had myself a feast.

1  Thank MaggieValleyWeddings