“Nice location but a little pricey.”
Review of Dark City Deli

Dark City Deli
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
High Point, North Carolina
“Nice location but a little pricey.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Friends and I sat out on the patio. Really enjoyed it until the live music started. It was so loud we couldnt chat. The food was good with a large portion of sandwich. The drinks are in cans and you get charged for each one. No free refills. The brownies were amazing.

Blowing Rock, North Carolina, United States
“Good meal, good prices!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ate here this afternoon while on a "day trip" to Black Mountain. I had the roast beef & provolone in ciabatta bread with horseradish aioli. It was delicious! Instead of chips I substituted the mac & cheese which was creamy and cheesy, very flavorful. My husband had a panini with chicken, bacon, spinach, sprouts, tomato, & a sauce.He said it was very good. He substituted his chips for sweet potato fries which he enjoyed. He just wished there were more of them :) We both had a draft Yuengling. We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the waitress was friendly and attentive. There was live music outside but we chose to eat indoors. There is also a game room, but we didn't go in it. We will probably be back, when we find ourselves in Black Mountain again!

• Visited July 2013
“More than your average deli.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé ate here last weekend and have eaten here multiple times in thd past. I had my favorite sandwich, "The Local", with french fries and a pickle. The sandwich is the best version of this Carolina classic I have ever had. My fiancé had the BLT and always raves about the bacon being the best in the area. She had a side of mac and cheese, which I sampled, and it was delicious. It was nice to eat out on the patio and when the weather is nice they have live music outside. This weekend they had music inside due to weather. Definitely a great place to eat and socialize right in the middle of downtown.

Iowa
“Awesome sandwich!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch one day while walking around Black Mountain on vacation. We thought a good deli sandwich and a beer sounded good. We got both here! The restaurant was a little warm but it seems like most places don't use air conditioning in North Carolina. I ordered a turkey sandwich on ciabatta, with cooper cheese, lettuce and garlic aioli. Hands down one of the BEST turkey sandwiches I've ever had. Their turkey and ailoi were the standouts! My husband had a roast beef sandwich he said was very good also. We also had a couple local beers that we both liked. He had a Pisgah pale ale and I had a Rocket Girl. We'll definitely be back when we come visit Black Mountain again!

Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Great place to visit”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We picked Black Mountain as a good place to get off the Interstate to stretch our legs and to grab a bite to eat. Great little town just outside of Asheville. Dark City Deli was recommended to us by one of the local shop owners. Good selection of sandwiches, salads and such. I had the turkey and it was fantastic. My wife had the chicken salad, grilled chicken on skewers, and she loved it. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had a foosball table that my son and I played on for free while we waited on our dinner. We are thinking about going back tomorrow evening after a day of whitewater rafting and zip lining. By the way, the music selection that they have playing is first rate.

• Visited June 2013