“Eat Somewhere Else - Save your money”

Phil's Bar-B-Que Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Saw all the billboard advertisements traveling I-40 west towards Asheville NC. Turned out to be a memorable dining experience - it was awful. The BBQ was very dry with NO TASTE - Red sauce did not help it any. Sides were small - 5 onion rings - 4 hush puppies with a spoon full of slaw for a 'large' sandwich at a cost $10 with water. Wendy's would have been a much better choice. There is good BBQ all over NC, just not at Phil’s. Save your money!

5  Thank Litnin

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Local restaurant right off I-40 at the Black Mountain exit. This is a local favorite for great BBQ, including pork, chicken, beef, with a great variety of sauces. You order at the counter, they prepare it fast, and then you pick up. Nothing fancy but who cares when you get large portions of some of the best tasting BBQ you will find. They now have a beer station where there is a great choice of local beers as well as the regular choices. Outside patio available to sit and enjoy the great views of the mountains. Well worth getting off the interstate for a quick meal.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had the opportunity to eat here twice in the past three Saturdays. The food is absolutely delicious and we left saying that the portions were larger than we really should have eaten! I had the pork ribs and my wife had the Chicken BBQ salad. It took about 10 minutes from ordering till food was delivered. Loved all the hats and the other Americana on display. I'm glad we foudn this place!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Any chance we get we keep going back to their BBQ. It is the best BBQ ribs...just like I grew up with. They have great sides. Atmosphere is sports oriented ROLL TIDE!!! Be prepared for a line..moves fast though. Locals love this place...You will not be disappointed..right off I-40

Reviewed December 16, 2012

They make amazing bbq here. I like the variety of sauces you can choose to dip your ribs in. I like the baby back ribs the best here. They are meaty and fall of the bone and have a perfect amount of spices and sauce on them to start. I think the atmosphere could be a bit more fun though. It looks so cool from the outside I sort of expected more from the inside but it's sorta plain. But the food is still the top!