“Great BBQ with a variety of sauces”

Phil's Bar-B-Que Pit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Great BBQ with a variety of sauces”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Local restaurant right off I-40 at the Black Mountain exit. This is a local favorite for great BBQ, including pork, chicken, beef, with a great variety of sauces. You order at the counter, they prepare it fast, and then you pick up. Nothing fancy but who cares when you get large portions of some of the best tasting BBQ you will find. They now have a beer station where there is a great choice of local beers as well as the regular choices. Outside patio available to sit and enjoy the great views of the mountains. Well worth getting off the interstate for a quick meal.

• Visited March 2013

Lake Norman, NC
“A new favorite for us...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had the opportunity to eat here twice in the past three Saturdays. The food is absolutely delicious and we left saying that the portions were larger than we really should have eaten! I had the pork ribs and my wife had the Chicken BBQ salad. It took about 10 minutes from ordering till food was delivered. Loved all the hats and the other Americana on display. I'm glad we foudn this place!

• Visited January 2013
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Any chance we get we keep going back to their BBQ. It is the best BBQ ribs...just like I grew up with. They have great sides. Atmosphere is sports oriented ROLL TIDE!!! Be prepared for a line..moves fast though. Locals love this place...You will not be disappointed..right off I-40

• Visited January 2013
Black Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“Yummy Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

They make amazing bbq here. I like the variety of sauces you can choose to dip your ribs in. I like the baby back ribs the best here. They are meaty and fall of the bone and have a perfect amount of spices and sauce on them to start. I think the atmosphere could be a bit more fun though. It looks so cool from the outside I sort of expected more from the inside but it's sorta plain. But the food is still the top!

Visited November 2012
Bostic, North Carolina, United States
“Not real BBQ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a BBQ enthusiast..I decided to give this place a try, I was sorely disappointed. The pork was cold, tasted more like picnic ham, and there is no way you can convince me that it was smoked...I liked the selection of sauces, but they all seemed to lack zest, and needed that smokey tang. Worst of all, it was very overpriced for what it was...the vinegar slaw was a joke and tasted as if it had been sitting out for a couple days. I hear there is a much better BBQ joint that wood smokes the meat on the other side of town, that's where I'll be headed next time..remember folks, there is a HUGE difference between real BBQ, and cooked pork...anyone can cook a pork shoulder on a gas or electric cooker...Just give me the real "que"..

• Visited September 2012