“Great Weekend!”

Monte Vista Hotel
Dallas, GA
“Great Weekend!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Thank you, Sue and Barney for a great getaway. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, everything was immaculately clean. Did we miss the tv? Nope. Did we miss the phone? Nope. Breakfast in the morning was a treat. The Irish soda bread was to die for! We really felt like we were guests in your home rather than a hotel! Having stayed here BEFORE the renovation, BEFORE Sue and Barney acquired it, I can honestly say they have worked a miracle! Please, if you come to wonderful Black Mountain, stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stuttgart Germany
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Living in Europe for a few years, but when I come home, this is where I want to stay. Great location, food, beds and wonderful owners and staff. Everything you need and still getting better.

Room Tip: I love the corner room on the 2nd floor with a king size bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently went to Montreat with our youth group for a conference. I am severely allergic to mold and dust mites and was unable to find a suitable place in Montreat. The lady who did the housekeeping at the inn in Montreat suggested that I check out the Monte Vista. It turned out to be a real life saver for me! It has been recently renovated and is absolutely lovely! It is also immaculate and I am sure it saved me a trip to the hospital! The room had hardwood floors in the bedroom and tile in bath with an air conditioner in the room that you control. The lobby area and dining area are also hardwoods. There is also an outdoor dining area. There is beautiful artwork and sculpture displayed in these areas that are for sale. I would describe it as simple elegance! I cooked lunch and dinner for our group and was not able to dine here, but I did get fresh, hot coffee and homemade Irish soda bread for breakfast! Delicious! The owners are very nice and great conversationalists! I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend the Monte Vista!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bonnie P
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the Monte Vista during a visit for our son's graduation from Warren Wilson College. Sue and Bernie (our hosts) could not have been more helpful or kind. They were knowledgable about activities in the area that might be enjoyable for our family. Sue went out of her way to make sure we had a suite that met our family's needs. The hotel has recently been renovated and is lovely. There is beautiful art exhibited all over the hotel. The rooms are comfortable, clean and pleasantly decorated. The bar is full service, and fun to visit -great beer and key lime martinis :). There is entertainment in the lobby on Friday and Saturday night. We enjoyed dinner in the restaurant on two occasions as well as the brunch on Mother's Day. We enjoyed coffee and scones in the morning . Downtown black Mountain is a short walk down the street. In closing, this hotel is a great place to stay! Because it has just reopened you can probably get a reservation even if your plans are last minute. Nancy M, Shorewood , Illinois

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've wanted to stay here for years. My husband finally booked a one-night getaway. Our room was second floor, stark but comfortable furnishings, immaculately clean tiled bath, no television which was good. The lobby was awash in good art for sale. There's an adjoining art gallery with local art of varying quality, but mostly good. The Palate restaurant, also full of good art, was wonderful - surprising that, besides one table, we were the only customers. The pecan-encrusted rainbow trout with a sweet potato and red pepper hash and turnip greens was superb. I took advantage of some magazines offered in a second floor alcove, along with a small fridge of sodas and water. The room's view was of distant mountains and close businesses across the road. My walk through town a block away was restful. Time spent on the front porch was also lovely. Dreamy place, all I hoped it would be! Next time I'll spend more time in that elegant lobby chatting with other guests.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We're locals, so we've never stayed at the hotel, but the restaurant, Palate is superb. One time I actually walked back to the kitchen and applauded the chef. In an area where there are many excellent restaurants, Palate stands out, and is worth returning to again & again. Plus, the restaurant, lobby area, and bar showcase original and creative local art. Just a totally delightful place! Don't miss the Monte Vista/Palate experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cortland, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The shower and towels are divine. No tv in the room which I love. Friendly and quiet atmosphere. I just loved it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Arbor House of Black Mountain
Arbor House of Black Mountain
#1 of 8 in Black Mountain

Been to Monte Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!