“4 stars but...”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

For Black Mountain, this place is great. I went here for the third time, this time with friends on a Saturday evening. The place was slammed and the staff really hustles. Two of us had pizzas, and one had chicken parm while I had a salad. I wanted pasta, but every single sauce has garlic,which I can't tolerate. Seems they could offer ONE sauce garlic free. I tried to order a sandwich off the menu, but was told they stop making them at 4pm. I recommend they create separate lunch and dinner menus. The spinach salad I had was tasty although not huge considering it was an entree. Everyone else enjoyed their food.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our new neighbors took us here for supper when we moved in. We all had an excellent meal. They have bread, to purchase, before the meal that is awesome. It had a nice light char on it and came with olive oil for dipping.

I had chicken parm that was among the best I have ever eaten. The portion was huge and fed me for 2 nights. My husband had a pizza, can't remember which one, that was delicious.

Plus, their house salad dressing is remarkable. It defies description, you will have to go and try it.

The service was efficient and friendly.

The only down side is that the dining room is very noisy. Other than that this restaurant will be on our "go to again" list.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I am a well traveled pizza snob, so this gets 4 out of 5 stars only because the pizza is decent, but not first-rate. That said, it is easily the best pizza in Black Mountain. It delivers on the promise of delicious, fresh ingredients. It has a pleasant atmosphere, the staff is friendly and very attentive, and I had one of the coldest bottles of beer ever. I recommend it and I will go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Let me start by saying that my wife and kids are not gluten free and they absolutely love Fresh Pizza. If they were writing this review, it would probably be 4.5 stars.

With that said, I am a gluten free diner. Fresh has many menu options that cater to this way of life. They have gluten free pasta dishes, gluten free pizzas and more. However, EVERY experience I have ever had here has resulted in a problem. I have given them 4 tries and they got it wrong each time. Sometimes I have been served regular wheat pasta. Other times the dish is gluten free but then normal bread sticks or croutons are on top of the dish.

I want to give them another try but I can't. I typically feel like crap the next few days after eating here and it isn't worth the risk. Too bad since my family likes it so much.

3  Thank keats76
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place seems just run of the mill from outside,inside is very casual/comfortable. I had the Alaskan Pizza,with smoked salmon,onions,caper cream sauce. Wow the best darn pizza I have ever had. my wife loved her's too. I wish there was a Fresh Pizza in Md,I would be there all the time. I want another Alaskan pizza right now and it was only five hours ago I had my first one. Service was good too and the owner was so very nice. We loved our lunch and it helped make our anniversary trip to N.C even nicer. They do it right at Fresh!! Way to go.

Thanks