“Little known Great Italian Restaurant in Black Mountain, NC”

Fresh Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“Little known Great Italian Restaurant in Black Mountain, NC”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

It has been a year since we passed through and we timed it just to have lunch both going to and coming from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Pasta and Pizza are still excellent and it is a wonderful place to stop. Don't plan on a quick slice, it's all freshly made and better than any I had in NYC. Linger, enjoy Black Mountain then travel on feeling totally satisfied. My wife has dietary restrictions and they made a custom pasta that was excellent, meeting all her needs. I had the very healthy Scarface Pizza, all meat and great flavor. Keep it up, I haven't been able to try their new restaurant down the street but it will happen soon!

DeputyDan
“Traveling through on I-40 around dinner time”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We did a quick search on the net and this place appeared to be favorable.
My wife and I stopped for dinner and ordered salads and calzones.
My wife likes Riesling wine. She really enjoyed the Riesling offered by the restaurant.
I did not order a drink since I was driving.
The service during our visit was fine.
Everything was very good and we would eat there again.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best pizza outside of Chicago and maybe even Italy”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Traveling throughout NC we stopped in to Fresh Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta on recommendation from members of our group who have dined there before. I admit, I was a bit skeptical, being from Chicago where pizza reigns, but when our pizza orders were brought to the table we found that all of them were equally delicious - loaded with fresh vegetables, meat and cheese. This place is busy and expect a wait for your food especially if ordering 2 or more pizza's for your table. We were even surprised that they also had a decent wine selection which kept our table happy until our pizza's arrived. Our server was attentive, our overall experience was positive and would definitely go back again.

• Visited October 2013
“Not good to locals, walkin or carry-out”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

While the food is good, the service needs help. Three of the last four carryout meals have been very late getting completed. Their standard answer is that it will be ready in 35 minutes. My wife and I have found that 35 minutes is when we should leave our house, and then wait another 10 minutes after arrival. This is poor service at best; they need to be honest and say it will be 45 or more minutes. Their problem is that they have been successful and don't know how to handle success. Another issue is that they don't have a sign in list. This means that it is up the honest customers to say "they were here before me" in order for the right people to get a table. Tonight, we were bypassed for a table after standing there for 15 minutes looking at two empty tables, a couple that came in after us was given one of the two tables by simply stating they were waiting on a table and were closer to the dining room. We left and won't go back. Fresh has lost local business, which will hurt during the lean winter months when those from out of town don't come to the mountains. A favorite of ours is Veranda and they take care of locals because of this very reason. I don't want to see Fresh lose customers, that is why I suggest a waiting list; otherwise, you lose enough locals and you might as well shut down.

1 Thank meinbmnc
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Great pizza”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had the veggie pizza and split a spinach salad with blacken grill chicken. It was very good. I thought the service was good, even got a refill on my water! They do get busy so go early if you can. I would go back again.