“best pizza in Black Mtn (town)”

Fresh Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you want to taste what pizza is like in Italy, then go there. I thought I was going to miss it since I arrived so late into town but didn't. The crust is tasty, thin, and the ingredients themselves are fresh. Remember you can get other pizzas elsewhere but only this one when in this town. You can actually sit & watch the pizzas going in/out of the stone oven...

There are newer reviews for Fresh Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta

Reviewed August 29, 2012

There were so many great choices of healthy pizza. Good service, enjoyed outside seating. I only wish they were located in the town I live in!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

When researching our trip to Black Mountain, we were pleasantly surprised to find Fresh Wood Fired Pizza with its Gluten Free options. Once we arrived in Black Mountain we eagerly visited Fresh Wood to try their fair.

The pizza was delicious and topped with extremely fresh toppings. We were impressed enough to eat there three times in a week. I did not taste the wood fired taste like I would have liked. This was, however, the first time I have eaten a gluten free pizza, so that may be normal for GF crusts.

We also had a salad that was fresh and really good. Their pistachio gelato for desert was out of this world good.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had a very stressful ride from Fl to NC. Had no idea what to expect when we arrived in Black Mountain. This restaurant was a wonderful suprise! The pizza is absolutely wonderful. So many interesting choices. I would rate higher if the service was better. No refill on drinks, brought the bill before we had the chance to order dessert, felt neglected....

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My son and I were treated to "Fresh" on a recent visit with friends in Black Mountain. We found the service friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious! The home baked bread was warm and chewy, and the smaller portion of the Tuscan salad was enough for a meal and filled with fresh ingredients. We ordered two Sicilian pizzas for the four of us, and our server made sure to ask whether or not we minded any "charring" on the crust, which was fine with us all. The pizzas were a great mixture of savory meat, smooth cheese, and the crispy, chewy crust. We did arrive early in the Friday evening we were there (before 5:30), and it was not crowded. Yes, we did wait awhile for our pizzas, and I agree that a second brick oven would help speed things up. As long as you're going to enjoy the company of others in the meantime, have an appetizer and don't worry about the wait - it is definitely worth it!