“Nice Tavern Setting”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped in for dinner on. Thursday evening. It was quiet but more people came later. My dinner of the Salmon with grit cake and veggies was very good. My husbands fish and chips were okay- batter a little much for his taste. Overall a fine meal.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great selection of craft beers, local and otherwise. Really good pub food as well. Good service, friendly wait staff, very knowledgeable about the beer selection. The Ale-House club sandwich is a very tasty twist on the concept. The occasional beer-tastings-plus-dinner are not to be missed.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our first time eating here and we definitely will return when we are in Black Mountain again. We were there for lunch on a Friday. The service was excellent and all of the staff very friendly, but it was the great food that got our attention. The menu is not huge, but there is good diversity. I had a salad with grilled chicken instead of the fried chicken tenders. The greens were extremely fresh, the bacon crisp, and the chicken grilled to perfection. My husband got a burger, cooked exactly as he ordered. This is one of our new favorite places to eat in Black Mountain. I understand they have had some struggles in the past, but they sure have it together now, so give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank VacationDreamer100
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great for lunch or dinner. Service was wonderful. Friendly, small town, with a smile! Great stress relief.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

They're burgers are good but we've been several times now. This last time was the best experience. Food & service was good. However, Previous trips were pretty bad-sat at bat & couldn't get anyone to wait on me. Had to ask for a beer, then ask for a menu then ask if I could place an order. Felt as if they really didn't want me there. Good if you hit then at he right time.