“Great Food and Service”

Black Mountain Ale House
Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Durham, North Carolina
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our first time eating here and we definitely will return when we are in Black Mountain again. We were there for lunch on a Friday. The service was excellent and all of the staff very friendly, but it was the great food that got our attention. The menu is not huge, but there is good diversity. I had a salad with grilled chicken instead of the fried chicken tenders. The greens were extremely fresh, the bacon crisp, and the chicken grilled to perfection. My husband got a burger, cooked exactly as he ordered. This is one of our new favorite places to eat in Black Mountain. I understand they have had some struggles in the past, but they sure have it together now, so give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank VacationDreamer100

Kernersville
“Great local flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great for lunch or dinner. Service was wonderful. Friendly, small town, with a smile! Great stress relief.

Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

They're burgers are good but we've been several times now. This last time was the best experience. Food & service was good. However, Previous trips were pretty bad-sat at bat & couldn't get anyone to wait on me. Had to ask for a beer, then ask for a menu then ask if I could place an order. Felt as if they really didn't want me there. Good if you hit then at he right time.

Visited May 2013
montreat
“Great Sunday Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Went there last Sunday with another couple and we all got the Sunday $10 steak special, which was outstanding. I understand that it will be gone at the end of May , but may be replaced with an outstanding dish that won them the "best local dish " at The Taste of Black Mountain several weeks ago ( and it was outstanding).

Visited May 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Nice change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I went to the Ale House for supper last Sunday. We were probably the oldest couple there. I had the Sunday steak special for $10.00 and it was outstanding . My wife had the fish and chips which was ok , but it had too much batter .we both agreed that we would be back for the steak special

• Visited May 2013