“A great little place”

Dining options: Late Night
Western North Carolina
“A great little place”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We wanted to try something new in Black Mountain and saw the great reviews for this place. This place has a great atmosphere. A really good selection of local and regional beers is on draft. The menu, while small, is appealing. Something for everyone. The food was cooked to perfection and was delicious. Unless I'm eating pizza (Fresh), this is my new favorite place in Black Mountain.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank clemsonfan1

“The pizza is the best in the whole area so don't miss this one.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The food is great and the service was even better. Not much to look at, but ny favorite kind of place. Real fine experience all around. The guys here really know how to throw a great pie.

2 Thank LPCNCC
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“This Ale House Is A Black Mountain Gem!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

John Richards, owner of Black Mountain Ale House, has created a home away from home for those seeking great atmosphere, great food, and an affordable price. The Ale House is cosy but not pretentious. Lunch offers two main entrees with a choice of sides and corn bread. Dessert is always banana pudding and this banana pudding is like nothing you've had before. With only the two entree choices (they differ daily) each is done exceptionally well; not like some places with a huge menu of so-so food. Can't think of anything on the menu that is not done well. If you arrive at 3PM or later, try the eggplant fries. Yummy! The owner and staff are friendly and the service is great. Portions are generous. The beer menu is large and diverse. The wine selection is small but adequate. You'll be doing yourself a favor if you skip the chain restaurants and give this locally owned restaurant a try. I know you'll be back again and again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Diane M
“awesome food and exceptional service, we will be back !!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Just had lunch at the Ale House today, they had a set menu for Tuesday, I know it was delicious, however I had had the eggplant fries with marinara sauce also the pita chips with hummus a few weeks ago and can I tell you, "Fall off your chair delicious", so that's all I wanted !!!
My friends ordered off the lunch menu and John the "Hottie" owner went ahaead and had my order prepared...Awesome !!!!
Told you I had a lot to say....Fabulous :)

• Visited May 2012
Swannanoa, North Carolina, United States
“Eclectic mix-people and beer”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had went here a couple months ago with a friend but did not stay long. They had a great selection of beer, I mean anything from PBR to the newest microbrew on draft. Decided to go back there for date night with my husband. Although they were out of the beer I wanted the bartender suggested some others I might like and let me sample them and decided on one that was just what I was looking for. Excellent customer service, he was very patient with me even though he had a good amount of customers that night. I ordered hot wings later on and asked them to make them as hot as possible, boy did they, I love spicy food and the heat on these wings had me smoking!

There was a young man there kind of making a ruckus with his friend?girlfriend? anyways he pointed out to us that because of her, he is only allowed 2 drinks per visit at that establishment. Good to know they address issues before they become problems. I like a place that runs a tight ship.

Overall, location-awesome, service-awesome, selection-awesome I will go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited April 2012