“Real cuisine, not fast food Mexican” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ole's Guacamoles

Ole's Guacamoles
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Real cuisine, not fast food Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is where we take visitors! This is where we meet for lunch! The more common Mexican places in town we USED TO LIKE just don't have the freshness or variety. Generous portions enough to share or take part home on many items but you have to use will power not to consume it all. My favorites are the vegetable soup - you can add chicken, shrimp, or fish, the chile relleno meal, and the avocado burrito with a generous amount of real avocado inside, not just guac. My husband loves the aroz con pollo, locally known as ACP. They feature beef, pork and chicken as well as egg/breakfast type meals, which I hear are great but personally stick with vegetarian or fish. We've been twice this week already.

• Visited April 2014

Jamestown, NC
“Fantastic Fajitas, Generous Guacamole Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I frequent the Black Mountain/Asheville area for long weekends and extended getaways. We've been to OG four times. On only one occasion was the food and service sub-par. This last weekend (4/11/14) we had the chance to dine there al fresco since the spring weather was upon us and it was a cool but pleasant early evening. The brook running across the back of the restaurant served to make the meal much more pleasant. I was absolutely amazed by the speed at which we got our dinners that Friday night even though the restaurant was packed. My wife ordered the guacamole salad. It was huge and covered in avocado heaven. It was the perfect side to the chicken mole. I ordered the combination fajitas (beef, chicken, shrimp). Loved experimenting with with the 12, or so, salsas from the salsa bar. It was very, very good, and like I said earlier, was brought to our table in a flash. To end the meal we tried the fried plantain. Nice and not too sweet. We left super satisfied and with a couple low carb beers, paid just over $40. Happy campers!

• Visited April 2014
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Good Mexican Dood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great Mexican lunch at Ole's during a visit to Black Mountain. The salsa bar was well stocked with a variety of delicious choices from mild to hot. The service was good and the food was served hot and tasty. The beans need some work, kind of bland, but everything else was spot on, especially the horchata drink. What a pleasant surprise.

Black Mountain, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mexican soul food . Made with consistent quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

There are very few restaurants I. A small town like Black Mountain that are consistently excellent in the value and quality of the food served. Ole is one of the rare ones that is a gem! Chriopollo is fantastic. Arrozo con pollo mis another!
We eat there once a week!
Fox Watson

• Visited March 2014
Massachusetts
“Has never impressed me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was in the Black Mtn area for work and friends wanted to go to this restuarant as they like it. I have been here before and wasn't impressed - especially after I found a hunk of hard plastic in my rice. The food is ok but not memorable - at least this time no plastic in the rice. I had taco salad -the veggies needed to be cook more, I really do not care for partially cooked veggies. My friends enjoyed their meal. The service was fine.

• Visited January 2014