“A restorative stay in the mountains!”

Review of Three Winds

Upstairs Hall Bath
Downstairs Game Room
Downstairs Den/Game Room
Downstairs Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 20 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sherpa702...
“A restorative stay in the mountains!”
Reviewed March 30, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

My family of four had a fantastic and restful time at Three Winds! The property that each of the homes, such as Three Winds (TW), within this "gated community" is much more remote than we had anticipated and it was wonderful. TW was actually about one mile from the front gate and afforded the environment of being immersed in the woods. Very peaceful. The amenities within TW were just perfect, Comfortable living room (with a fireplace that we loved using daily!), great kitchen and books, books, books! (that you are invited to read on site during your stay). I was impressed by the maintenance service for TW. At 10pm at night, upon our arrival, I had immediate and courteous service as I needed help to access the cabin (a code that I thought I had could not be found). Also, on the first day, there was not hot water in the cabin. Again, a call in the morning was answered promptly and this issue was fixed by the afternoon. My family enjoyed our 5 day stay at TW. Comfortable, clean and charming!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Jun 1, 2017
That does sound like an enjoyable and peaceful stay at Three Winds! Pleased to hear this. Happy to hear we could assist you with our 24/7 service to gain access to the keyless entry locks as well as help with the hot water...though I'm sorry for that trouble during your stay! We appreciate your feedback. - Greybeard Rentals
Fcaguy
“Secluded Retreat.”
Reviewed December 29, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Beautiful retreat getaway with added bonus of a great selection of books to read. The house was spacious and cosy. It was quiet and tranquil. We absolutely loved it. Great hill workout if your a runner. An amazing hike opportunity straight out of the cabin.

Complaints. Better description to the house. It can be really confusing. We turned right and went down the mountain off road and almost got stuck at night. No toilet paper in the house whatsoever, really? If you travel a good ways before arriving it could be frustrating to have to drive back out though the winding mountains to pick up somethething desperately needed that should be supplied.

Management Response
Jan 6, 2017
Thank you for the feedback! Sounds like you had a great stay overall...we're glad to hear it. We have revised the directions to Three Winds since fall....sorry that you didn't find them to be clear when received.
NC
Reviewed October 31, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers

A romantic getaway
Charlotte
Reviewed June 5, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing