“Pricey, but worth it”

Que Sera
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Recommended by our innkeepers at The Inn Around The Corner. Food was delicious and the service was gracious.

1  Thank Maria B

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This little restaurant would challenge the best in a big city. The cuisine is exquisite with specials each evening. The printed menu is always complemented by several specially prepared starters, entrées and desserts. The chef prides himself on creating dishes using fresh, local vegetables and daily imported Atlantic seafood.

1  Thank Rich R
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Fabulous food in a strip mall setting. I had forgotten to call for reservations until the afternoon we wanted to have dinner there (wish they used OpenTable), but they said they could seat us if we could come early and eat fast ;)

Delicious peppercorn butter with bread to start. Had a special of pate with amazing pickles and blue cheese-stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped figs, so hope you are lucky enough to see that on the menu. My fried green tomato caprese salad with shoe peg corn, tomatoes, arugula, and a few pieces of fried okra was amazing. Husband only let me have a bite of his fish with crab and beurre blanc, but I would have swiped more if I thought I could get away with it. Friendly service. Highly recommend!

3  Thank tiredtravelerzz
Reviewed July 8, 2014

On the evening of July 3rd I arrived in Black Mountain to pick up my son at summer camp, which was ending on the 4th. I had read great reviews on this little place so I decided to give it a try. I had not made reservations (which I recommend), and although they were quite busy the owner seated me promptly and was very accomodating. The service was fast and friendly, the atmosphere relaxed, and the food was wonderful. I ordered two appetizers, the tomato salad and the oysters 2-2-2. More than enough food for me and very tasty. I am from Louisiana, where they know how to prepare oysters, and I must say these were some of the best I've ever had, and that's saying a lot! If you are visiting the Asheville/Black Mountain area I definitely recommend you try Que Sera. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Cbk1622
Reviewed July 5, 2014

In order to review a steak one has to know all of the details, so after allowing the Filet Mignon to heavenly melt in my mouth to completion, I spoke with the Chef. The steak they are using is top shelf, ANGUS BEEF, of chateaubriand quality and butter knife soft texture, to me the best cut of steak possible. My steak was very thick, and was seared properly keeping the juices intact, evenly cooked all the way thru as should be, and with just a pink center, and seasoned to perfection. I simply cannot summarize it any better than that, for those of us that truly appreciate the best beef available, and a chef that knows how to cook it, there is no better!!!!!

3  Thank K K