“Amazing”
Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is my favorite breakfast spot in Black Mountain. I highly recommend the breakfast burrito and the Mountain Man breakfast.

There are newer reviews for The Morning Glory Cafe

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This establishment closed about a month ago and is not reopen ing. It was a great place and I'm sad it's gone. The community will miss it. Try que sera instead

1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had brunch on 10/26/2013 to celebrate a birthday. The meal was incredible, as always. The service was great and the atmosphere is very hip, eclectic, and wonderful!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in the Black Mountain area and decided this restaurant would be one of our stops after seeing the reviews. It did not disappoint.
Very clean restaurant, small and intimate with beautiful original artwork on the walls. Small bar and seating outside where pets are welcome.
Our server was attentive and prompt without being fussy.
I ordered the fried chicken and it was some of the best Ive ever had. I also do a buttermilk brine but what set this apart was the light and flaky crust. Wish I had the recipe for that crust. De-licious. The mashed potatoes and asparagus were also yummy as was the sage gravy. So much I couldn't finish it all. I tried my best though.
My husband ordered the vegetable napoleon and ate every single bite.
HUGE portions that could be shared. We usually do but we were in the mood for different things this time.
We ate at several places in Asheville and this was definitely one of the best meals we had. Worth the trip if you're staying in Asheville.
I think our meal was around $30-$35 with tip.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a pleasant, relaxed place to eat. Don't be afraid to get adventurous. I wish they would get Coke or Pepsi, but I just don't like Diet Rite..