“Skip this one”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Skip this one”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I checked on the Internet and they are open until 9:30 but. When I got there, looked like they were about to close. I should have left but had good food there before.

Service was awful. No offer of a drink. Just barking to get your order in because the kitchen is closing.

Ordered an heirloom tomato salad. I know my tomatoes and it was just a few sprigs of lettuce and red cherry tomatoes. Awful,

The entree was very good. Sautéed grouper on a bed of creamy risotto. But I could not enjoy it as I was being rushed out the door.

They wanted me to go away so I left as soon as I could.

Some of the food here is really good. But. With so many great restaurants here, who needs this abuse? Go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank John C

State College, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice eclectic breakfast choices served attractively and attentively. I hope to return before our vacation ends.

Both our breakfast choices were perfect.

Visited July 2013
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Always Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is always hopping with folks enjoying good food and service. A lot of their menu is locally sourced. Their presentation is lovely and the menu choices are just right. I am always satisfied with my meal and look forward to returning. My favorite menu item-the smoked trout hash:-)

• Visited July 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good place for breakfast, adding southern charm to your favorite dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Found this place after making a wrong turn, and glad we did. Has a nice outside patio looking out at the ridges. The menu has all of your typical breakfast items, but with a southern twist. Eggs Benedict on Fried Green Tomatoes is an example, and it was great.

• Visited July 2013
Akron, Ohio
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Black River to attend the Swannanoa Chamber Music Festival, and expected to have to go into Asheville to find a restaurant of this caliber. The food was so fresh, delicious, and served with great southern friendliness. The restaurant is cozy and welcoming. A nice surprise for us was that Wednesday was half price wine night. We had a lovely dining experience.

Visited July 2013