“Good food and service”
Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I visited here this week and treated ourselves to breakfast food for lunch. We came just before the lunch rush, and we were seated immediately in the covered, outdoor area. The server was with us promptly and checked back often through the meal. Both of us had omelets and were happy with the meal. The price was about average for this kind of food in the Asheville/Black Mountain area.

The restaurant is located about a mile south of Black Mountain in the commercial section of a mixed-use subdivision. Access from I-40 is pretty good, but there is no indication from the interstate that this restaurant is here. In fact we didn't see a sign anywhere pointing the way. It isn't hard to find, but you have to know it's here, or otherwise you'll pass it by.

1  Thank OtherMountainDude

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Although the staff is good and try hard, and the food is passable but not special, the owner acted rudely and inappropriately with me, and I was a long time customer. He was defending the actions of a incapable staff person, who should not be working with the public. This person stepped on my dog's leash and the dog barked. This fellow then inaccurately told the owner that the dog had attacked him for no reason. The owner gave me a long but ill advised lecture and did not listen to any explanation. I will not have my people talk to his people, because no harm was done. The dog only barked therefore, no lecture was necessary. I will no longer frequent this establishment.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our lunch at Morning Glory was excellent. This charming cafe in Cheshire Village has outdoor seating that's just right for mild days. The menu is extensive and will please meat/fish eaters and vegetarians alike. The Hungarian mushroom soup was very flavorful. The basil melt with trout on wheat bread was unusual and outstanding. Service was excellent too. Whether it's breakfast or lunch, you can't go wrong at Morning Glory!

1  Thank AVLwriter
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Enjoy excellent lunch fare ( great fish tacos, sandwiches with delicious sides) and very friendly
wait staff. Nice patio that's dog friendly and lots of free parking. Dinner menu looked good too.

1  Thank Chicag0nan
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The only drawback was that on a Friday at 10 am we had to wait for a table because there aren't many seats inside and out. I had the peach stuffed french toast and potatoes and my boyfriend had the trout hash with fried eggs. We never had anything like it. Excellent! I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank kellyandpeanut