“Fresh food expertly prepared in a delightful setting”
Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our lunch at Morning Glory was excellent. This charming cafe in Cheshire Village has outdoor seating that's just right for mild days. The menu is extensive and will please meat/fish eaters and vegetarians alike. The Hungarian mushroom soup was very flavorful. The basil melt with trout on wheat bread was unusual and outstanding. Service was excellent too. Whether it's breakfast or lunch, you can't go wrong at Morning Glory!

1  Thank AVLwriter

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Enjoy excellent lunch fare ( great fish tacos, sandwiches with delicious sides) and very friendly
wait staff. Nice patio that's dog friendly and lots of free parking. Dinner menu looked good too.

1  Thank Chicag0nan
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The only drawback was that on a Friday at 10 am we had to wait for a table because there aren't many seats inside and out. I had the peach stuffed french toast and potatoes and my boyfriend had the trout hash with fried eggs. We never had anything like it. Excellent! I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank kellyandpeanut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As Asheville area residents, we were familiar with Morning Glory Cafe fare( both lunch and dinner). Although it has been consistently "good-very good," a recent dinner (after an absence of a year or more)was "outstanding." My choice was one of the evening specials--a NC Triple Tail fish entree-that was perfectly cooked as were the sides--grilled asparagus and parmesan risotto. My husband's choice-- a standard menu item--pork tenderloin, collards, mashed potatoes, spiced apple compote--was equally delicious. The only missing ingredient was some tasty artisan bread to clean the plate since the sauces were delicious to the last drop. MG doesn't serve bread with meals so ordering it wasn't an option. Service was impeccable with all waitstaff involved to prevent delays. Pricing for this quality very reasonable.

Why this evening's meal tasted so much better than on earlier visits - I don't know. However overall we had the feeling that now it is an established " Black Mountain favorite" rather than the "new restaurant in town." Experience in the kitchen and out front make a difference and Morning Glory Cafe has definitely earned its dining destination stripes.

2  Thank belwen4
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Due to time restraints traveling, we chose to order dinner to-go. We ordered 15 minutes before arriving and it was ready a few minutes after we got there. I ordered 2 fish tacos, which came with a side of rice, beans, and plantains. The fish tacos were AMAZING! Fried fish, crunchy finely shredded cabbage, and tasty sauce. The rice and beans however, were extremely extremely bland. In fact, they had practically no flavor at all except for a little cheese that topped the beans. I was very surprised with the lack of flavor compared to the flavor packed taco. The plantains were wonderful but I only got two very small pieces. My husband got the Blue Cheese burger and really enjoyed it, and it was great to be supporting a local Asheville farm raising natural free range meat. We split the salmon cake as an appitezer and it was very good and a nice sized portion as well. Got out paying $32 and thought the dinner was a great deal for the price. Want to try it again for lunch or breakfast sometime, the breakfast menu specials looked wonderful.

2  Thank Liz Y