“Best breakfast ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
NC
“Best breakfast ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The only drawback was that on a Friday at 10 am we had to wait for a table because there aren't many seats inside and out. I had the peach stuffed french toast and potatoes and my boyfriend had the trout hash with fried eggs. We never had anything like it. Excellent! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank kellyandpeanut

Asheville,NC
“Older And Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

As Asheville area residents, we were familiar with Morning Glory Cafe fare( both lunch and dinner). Although it has been consistently "good-very good," a recent dinner (after an absence of a year or more)was "outstanding." My choice was one of the evening specials--a NC Triple Tail fish entree-that was perfectly cooked as were the sides--grilled asparagus and parmesan risotto. My husband's choice-- a standard menu item--pork tenderloin, collards, mashed potatoes, spiced apple compote--was equally delicious. The only missing ingredient was some tasty artisan bread to clean the plate since the sauces were delicious to the last drop. MG doesn't serve bread with meals so ordering it wasn't an option. Service was impeccable with all waitstaff involved to prevent delays. Pricing for this quality very reasonable.

Why this evening's meal tasted so much better than on earlier visits - I don't know. However overall we had the feeling that now it is an established " Black Mountain favorite" rather than the "new restaurant in town." Experience in the kitchen and out front make a difference and Morning Glory Cafe has definitely earned its dining destination stripes.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank belwen4
Oxford, North Carolina
“Good local food, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Due to time restraints traveling, we chose to order dinner to-go. We ordered 15 minutes before arriving and it was ready a few minutes after we got there. I ordered 2 fish tacos, which came with a side of rice, beans, and plantains. The fish tacos were AMAZING! Fried fish, crunchy finely shredded cabbage, and tasty sauce. The rice and beans however, were extremely extremely bland. In fact, they had practically no flavor at all except for a little cheese that topped the beans. I was very surprised with the lack of flavor compared to the flavor packed taco. The plantains were wonderful but I only got two very small pieces. My husband got the Blue Cheese burger and really enjoyed it, and it was great to be supporting a local Asheville farm raising natural free range meat. We split the salmon cake as an appitezer and it was very good and a nice sized portion as well. Got out paying $32 and thought the dinner was a great deal for the price. Want to try it again for lunch or breakfast sometime, the breakfast menu specials looked wonderful.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Liz Y
Virginia
“Tale of Two Servers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

As I approached this quaint cafe, I noticed there were a lot of people seating both inside and outside. This is generally a good sign of a great place to enjoy a meal. Due to this apparent popularity, I decided to order my meal to go. I had noticed on their website they offer "wheat free" options. While ordering, I was helped by a really nice server, but she needed to ask some gluten free questions of a more senior server. It was not a good day for the senior server, and she was frustrated enough to let everyone around her know it. Despite her attitude, I decided to push through the extra difficulty in getting my few questions answered in order to place my order. Had it not been for the one server who was really trying to help, I might have decided to just go elsewhere.

The food was just average. The fish tacos were good, but I have eaten much tastier fish tacos in other parts of the country. Would I eat there again? I would try it one more time with hopes the taste and value were a better experience.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank iweb4him
Marietta, Georgia
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a omelet with spinach, feta, artichoke, and mushroom. It was very tasty. Someone with us had pancakes with pecans and bananas. They looked wonderful.

• Visited August 2012