“Breakfast with a great view”
Review of The Morning Glory Cafe - CLOSED

The Morning Glory Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Just 1/2 mile south of extit 64 of I-40 on route 9
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Ate there for the second time, both have been great. EXPECT to wait for a table on weekends, breakfast is yummy

3  Thank Beachkat1

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had dinner here on a Saturday night with family. I had a huge cheeseburger (they have a nice selection of cheeses) and delicious crispy seasoned french fries. My sister had some excellent scallops and a cup of fresh homemade tomato basil soup. Even the teens were happy with their choices--one selected the burger and fries and the other had a flatbread pizza with chicken, goat cheese and basil. The service was good and the atmosphere is casual and comfortable with some eclectic touches--the ladies room walls are painted magenta! They also had a wonderful guitarist with an mellow voice and a nice soft rock songlist. The whole family had a great meal and a fun time.

2  Thank TarHeelLady
Reviewed September 23, 2011

fresh ingredients ! wonderful cooking, very clean .

my husband loves the fish tacos here so much , that is all he ever orders.
i like large salads, the homemade house dressing was delicious!

they are opened for breakfast too, although i have never been for that.

3  Thank 5opinionated
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband & I arrived here about 11:30 am on a Saturday and were lucky to get a table for 2 right away. The place was busy, which tells me we were at the right restaurant! A casual atmosphere with outdoor seating, just inside the door they have a small counter with a few seats, (great if you're dining alone), along with other tables.

The food was fantastic - hubby had a ham, swiss, spinach & mushroom omelet with home fries that was to die for. I had the "Mountain Lady", (1/2 the quantity of the "Mountain Man" breakfast), one egg, one sausage, home fries & one whole grain pancake. Wow, yummy!

The best thing about the place was Everything! The worst was they were out of their biscuits & sausage gravy, which was my first choice of a side. Guess if I want it next time, we'll have to go back earlier in the day.... :~)

3  Thank kangengirl
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I gave this place a try because I had a Groupon,. It was located in a new retail development in Black Mountain away from the historic center but convenient to it. Since it was mid-afternoon there was no crowd, just us and one other couple. The first server arrived for the drink order and appeared less than friendly. A second server came later to take the order. He did not seem totally familiar with what was being offered. He said the soup was an onion, broccoli and cheddar which I thought was a little unusual (onion?) but wanted to try it. It turned out to be mushroom, broccoli and cheddar which was fantastic. My friend had the vegan vegetable which was loaded with season-appropriate local produce. The hamburger was hormone free and range fed according to the menu and it was good. The spicy fries were also very well cooked and tasty. The menu is not huge but certainly adequate in variety for breakfast or lunch. I would enjoy going back again.

2  Thank iuvenis2000