“Great Value Hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I drove to Asheville, N.C. on Thursday for the purpose of picking up my son from a two week summer camp on Friday. Two weeks ago, I stayed at the Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road which is nice, but significantly more expensive.

The Quality Inn presents a very nice value proposition for a stay in the Asheville area. My rate for a Thursday night stay was $99.00 (I paid nearly three times this price to stay at the Homewood Suites two weeks earlier for a Saturday night stay). The hotel (actually an old style motel) is located right off the exit and is close to restaurants and a large Ingles grocery store.....one of the nicest I have seen. You can easily walk to the "downtown" area of the town of Black Mountain where you can walk around and enjoy some very nice shops and restaurants. I ate at the nearby German restaurant which was very good. The hotel sits on a hill and offers nice mountain views from the rooms on the front side of the property. My room was clean and in very good shape. The property is much nicer than the pictures which appear on the hotel's website and so when I arrived, I was relieved as I didn't have high expectations.

I will likely stay here next year when I drop off and pick up my kids from camp. This would also be a solid choice for those who are budget conscious and want to spend time exploring the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank David8675309

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel with nice rooms, very nice pool area, and a hearty free continental breakfast! The front desk people were very professional, the beds were comfortable , and the hotel was nice and quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very nice little hotel. Rooms were very clean, good continental breakfast, nice pool. Perfect stopping place: Dennys is right next door, gas stations and plenty of fast food places within walking distance and even a grocery store across the street. The front desk staff was less than average, just seemed as if we were bothering them when checking in and when my parents asked for ashtrays for their room. Couple times we went to the desk had to wait 5 mins+ for someone to appear. Great price, great location! Even have the big jacuzzi tubs in some of their rooms, which worked AWESOME! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Grab a king size bedroom with the jacuzzi tub, well worth the extra $30!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eqhntr78
Reviewed May 27, 2014

TripAdvisor is totally irresponsible in their inability to change the name of a motel or restaurant. I know one that has changed its name twice since listed here. This is a Quality Inn. Now, on to the review....

The parking here is very good. The woman at check-in was a little snippy, but that was minor since everyone else (and they have a lot of employees) was nice. The room itself was big with a love seat and queen-sized bed. The Heat / AC is set by an exact temperature you choose so it does not run all the time. This can be bad if you have noise to drown out. You can run the fan full time, but only with reasonable outside temperatures.

The TV is 32” and takes a long time to come on. Don’t keep pushing the power button, or you’ll never get it right. A measly 30 or so channels were a disappointment.

The bathroom was the biggest problem. It is tiny with a lot of broken spots; it needs to be redone. The sink had good counter space, which I depend on. Very little light came through the curtains, and the noise level was good despite being across from a truck stop and the interstate. The Wi-Fi was excellent, as was the breakfast.

I had a problem with the room, and several staff members worked on and off all day to correct it. While I would rather not have a problem, I appreciated the amazing effort. I will stay here again.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. To be on the safe side for noise, try to get a room in the back. I was not able to.
2. They will run the safe scam on you so be sure to have it taken off your bill before you hand over your credit card at check-out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank scooper47
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Black Mountain's Quality Inn is a great alternative to finding an Asheville hotel. As summer approaches every Asheville podunk hotel/motel jacks their prices up by a good $80-100 over their standard rate for Friday or Saturday night but this Quality Inn in Black Mountain is a good alternative at just under $95. Its about 15 miles to downtown Asheville or you can enjoy fabulous local restaurants nearby and shopping. (Its almost a mini Asheville) The QI has great QUEEN beds and quiet rooms. Our standard room had two queens, a frigerator, and a microwave. The beds were comfortable to me but other family members found them a bit soft. I recommend a stay here anytime. My only minus is that the breakfast was not so good on food quality, layout and eating area; the coffee was yuck. I would plan on going to the nearby breakfast grill restaurants for morning fare. BUT it was nice to get some very fresh popcorn for an evening snack. Parking can be a real challenge if you are on the back side of the motel. All doors face outside but this is a quiet and safe area so we did not find that to be a negative. Quality Inn in Black Mountain is a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side since the back parking lot is a bit crowded and you cannot drive ar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night and we were pleased with this hotel. I was concerned by some of the other reviews but I really liked it. Great location to many restaurants and sight seeing. Very close to downtown Black Mountain. It's now a Quality Inn. Staff was very nice both on the phone and in person. We'll stay here again when we come back to this area! Great shower too!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberlou
Reviewed February 1, 2014

In town for a week for business training conference at Ridgecrest. This Quality Inn has no major deficiencies and is adequate. Great location just off I40, across street from Ingles supermarket/Starbucks and several fast food locations. Phil's BBQ is one block away and central Black Mountain is just .5 mile away. If you are one to not like older hotels where some of the caulk is missing in the showers(I.e) then not for you. Microwave and fridge in rooms and everything works. Breakfast consisted of microwave sausage patties, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East
Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!