“Good night's sleep in a nice little mountain town”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Black Mountain
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is certainly dated, but it is well kept and comfortable. Exactly what we expected. The included breakfast is adequate and the staff is courteous and helpful.

The hotel gets surprisingly busy during the summer and fall. It's location is excellent with easy access to/from I40 and just a few blocks from downtown Black Mountain. Great restaurants and bars in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side for a nice view of the surrounding moutains.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were planning to spend the Labor Day weekend in Asheville, NC, and discovered that all the hotels were full. The Comfort Inn in Black Mountain was reasonably close and fairly priced ($129/night), so I took the chance. The room we were given was very clean and appeared to be recently updated. The towels were nice and thick compared to some hotels in this price range. Breakfast was primarily cold food, cereal, bagels (weak selection) and pastries, but there were some sort of synthetic egg products and and similarly shaped sausages warm. You could also make waffles or toast bread. It is a "motel", the rooms open into walkways outdoors. The area appeared to be safe to me so that was not a problem. You had to go outside to access the breakfast area, which was a little unusual. Overall a good stay and I would have no reservations about staying there again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the back side away from the highway, although the road did not appear to b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy L
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Okay maybe this isn't a fair rating/title for this review, but we had no intention of spending the night in Blacksburg, NC. Our van broke down at the beginning of the climb up 40W right past Old Fort and here we are... The location off 40 is excellent. Easy access onto the Highway, but not too close to hear traffic. The front desk was very pleasant and fortunately had one double-bed room left to accommodate our family. I personally don't like the motel set-up with room access from the outside and no elevators. We were on the first floor so N/A. The room was "optional smoking". It either is/isn't, but when we entered it wasn't "smoker smelly" just stuffy. Typical motel room set-up. Two full beds against one wall. Built in containing TV and drawers. Nice plus to have microwave and mini-fridge, but again N/A. Another personal dislike is having the sink outside the bathroom in the bedroom. When someone is up early to shower and get ready it's nice to have it all contained in one bathroom. I guess others could argue that if more than one person is up it gives you the option of using the shower/toilet while another can prepare in the outside sink area. I don't like it... Had the slight impression that it may have been recently updated. The built in partially covered a wall mirror and curtain rod in the shower bowed to give you more space, but it still amounted to a typical, small motel room. There is also no vent in the bathroom. There is Wi-Fi access and includes breakfast, but the juice machine was broken :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank theginster12
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a nice place. Nice people. The view was nice. Rooms nice and comfy. Wi-Fi. Super small swimming pool but it was never used when we were there so we took advantage of just sitting in the gazebos sipping on drinks watching the view. The motel has a older look (not sure how old it is) but is well maintained. Breakfast room is Super small. Get there at 6 or forget it. We never got breakfast there. Just way too crowded and not enough food. Just left and went to Denny's next door. My only real complaint about the place is the price. The room was 130.00 a night. I have stayed at better places for 90. I believe the problem lies in that this is the only decent motel to stay at in this town so they charge a higher price but everything in this town is high priced except for the beer and gas. Kind of weird. Over all its a nice place to stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was accommodating. I asked to refill my water bottle with the filtered water from the dispenser. They turned on the juice/water machine for me. The room was large and was very convenient to the huge grocery across the street. It is right off the Interstate and convenient to town or the mountain. A room on the street side of the motel was a bit noisy at night. The back side looked at a sheered off cliff. All in all, I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: On the street side, the sun shone in and was warm to hot. I had to keep my curtain closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank L H
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been visiting Black Mountain for almost ten years now and I stay at the Comfort Inn every time I go. The staff is very polite and courteous and always willing to help out. Over the years I have seen this hotel transform into what it is today. When I first started staying there it was your general run of the mill hotel, but with all the renovations and upgrades it has turned into one of the best hotels in the area. If you ever have a chance to stay here do it. You’ll be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Everything was fine here. Front desk fellow was friendly. Popcorn in the lobby was a bonus. Room was clean and good size. We like having a table and chair to sit at. Breakfast was the normal stuff, better than most. Eating area could be a bit larger at least on weekends. I have a pet peeve about hotels charging for the room safe. You should be told up front.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville
Chimney Rock Inn
Chimney Rock Inn
#4 of 4 in Chimney Rock

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!