“Great place for the money”
Review of Days Inn Biscoe

Days Inn Biscoe
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Biscoe
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay here several times a year when I am hunting in the area. The family that owns the place are honest and friendly.
On a recent stay, they offered to open early for breakfast because they knew I was leaving early to go deer hunting.
The rooms are clean and the showers are large.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the time we arrived at the hotel until checkout, our service was excellent. The manager was very accomodating to the fact that we needed one of the rooms to be downstairs, and he changed us with no problem. The staff was very nice and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

foors were dirty, and there was mold in the bathroom, rooms should be cleaned thoroughly before letting guests use them

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel in the past and much has not changed but some developments have occurred since my last visit that deserve mention. I am usually at this hotel about once a year during a business visit to a local client. It is convenient to the Biscoe/Candor/Star area of North Carolina and is in fact the only hotel within a convenient distances of these towns. It is an acceptable if not outstanding place to stay. My visits are usually for three to six days so I have an opportunity to get a feel for the place.

Safety- the hotel still seems safe for myself and my vehicle. There is no time that I have felt uncomfortable staying here for safety reasons.

Cleanliness - it is reasonably clean. I found no evidence of mold and only a hint of rust in the bathroom ceiling. The carpet, counters and bathroom were clean and kept clean throughout my stay.

Comfort - the bed was comfortable with plenty of fluffy pillows. The water was always hot when required and the water pressure adequate. I was able to cool the room quite well.

Amenities - a refrigerator is provided but no iron or ironing board. There was a TV. I did not have occasion to watch it on this visit. Internet is quick and easy to access. There is a breakfast nook that was being reconstructed during my last visit but which is now complete and larger than it was before. I did not use this.

Value - being the only place in town the price is a little high for the quality of the facility, but not exhorbitantly so.

The renovation of the exterior building is complete and it looks much better than it did a couple of years ago.This year, in the room that I was assigned, it appeared that the same attention had been given to the interior - new paint, new carpet - so the room looked much better, less worn and stained.

In addition the road improvements in front of the hotel are complete, and there is now a traffic light for access purposes. Adjacent to the hotel is fast-food hamburger, chicken and a Waffle House, as well as a Dollar Store and a grocery store - all within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nighthawk416
Reviewed May 28, 2011

For the past several years, business concerns have taken me to Biscoe, NC, and the Day's Inn has been the hotel of choice, because it is adjacent to the companies with which I do business and the nearest other hotels are more than 20 miles away. Please see my earlier review for my comments, which I will here revise and extend.

Security: this has always seemed like a secure, small-town hotel. It attracts people of all sorts, and particularly workmen who are staying in the area for extended periods, but it has never seemed less than safe. I have never been concerned for my personal safety or my vehicle security while there. This year, for the first time, I saw police patrolling the lot randomly.

Previously I've written that the hotel needed refreshing, so it was a surprise to turn into the parking lot that leads to the hotel (at the back and behind a grocery store) and see the new exterior paint job. The hotel has an exterior appearance that is much, much more attractive than previously. The rooms as well had been repainted, with some new furniture and television, and possibly a new tub surround, but the carpet and furniture are still worn and stained and there is considerable rust on some of the metal bathroom fixtures, though I did not observe any mold. The room was clean upon my arrival and kept that way during my stay. I had no problems with cleanliness.

The bed was comfortable, with plenty of fluffy pillows, enough for two, and the air conditioning worked well, so it was easy to get comfortable enough to sleep as it always has been. However, as previously remarked, it is difficult to sleep late. Workman cranking loud truck engines, clomping up and down the metal stairs, and even hotel workers rolling the cleaning carts by the room with their sqeaky wheels make it impossible to sleep much later than about 8am during the week.

The TV worked well and had a good mix of channels from various regions of the state. The internet connection was quick, easy and fast. Refrigerator and microwave were provided, and a hairdryer, but not an ironing board and iron, which would have been helpful for a longer term stay.

Check in this year was a little strange. I had made my reservation, as always, through the Day's Inn website but for some reason there was a problem with the specific room designation which management said was because I had made the reservation through an outside hotel reservation service - which I did not. They suggested that I call them directly int he future, which was odd and a little suspicious for a chain hotel. Check out was quick and easy.

With a Waffle House just across the parking lot, I never use the hotel continental breakfast room but the area was being renovated this year so I'm not sure it is available.

All in all, this hotel is a low-priced hotel in quality (though clean) but upper mid-level in price, so it is not a good value. But it is convenient and clean and that is the appeal.

Be aware that the highway (NC 24) in front of the hotel is being widened and there is considerable construction. The lane markings and travel routes are neither well-striped nor well-signed. Be careful driving in the area. I suspect that the widening of the highway may be the reason for the renovation. Hopefully the hotel renovation will result in further improvement.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Nighthawk416
Reviewed May 26, 2010

This is the fourth year that I've been traveling to this area on business, and I use this hotel because it is quite convenient to the area that I need to be and requires multiple night stays. It is the only hotel in town and perhaps is an example of why competition is a good thing. Several times that I have been here, there have been groups of workment with trucks, including this time, and that tends to make the place louder, especially early in the morning when they get up to leave. Check-in and check-out are always quick and easy. This year, my air conditioner automatically worked when I got to the room, but if yours doesn't, call the office because one year I was told they have to "turn it on" from there so that it will work in the room.

The room was clean and kept clean the entire time I was there. The carpet is worn and stained. Some years there has been no hint of mold, thisy ear there was. Some years there is rust on some of the fixtures, this year there was not. It probably depends on what room you get. Wallpaper is beginning to peel from the walls in places. The furniture is simple, the electrical outlets few. The TV has a wide selection of channels, right around 80. The internet connection is easy, reliable, and pretty fast. Refrigerator and microwave are supplied and both worked well.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. I had no trouble sleeping in terms of the bed itself and the room. The noise from the parking lot intrudes on the room so as to awaken you and I was not able to sleep as late as I would have liked any day that I was there on my most recent stay. If you're near the stairs, there's no mercy because they are metal and uncarpeted and people tromping down them make a lot of noise. Also, work trucks with loud engines are cranked and left to run. The place seemed reasonable secure, though this is reflective of the clientele rather than the hotel staff - they seemed to remain inside the office most of the time. In some areas, police can be seen to patrol the parking lots periodically; in this small town, I've never seen them here.

I do not use the breakfast room since there are both a Hardee's and a Waffle House at the other end of the parking lot, a short walk or drive.

My experience has been that this is an acceptable place to stay if you can tolerate very basic, worn, and simple conditions. I have had the experience like other reviewers of getting to a room and finding "evidence" of previous guests, but usually, it has been clean and kept clean. On one occasion, the lock mechanism on the door didn't work and had to be dismantled and changed, a process that took an hour or so. It is certainly more expensive than the overall condition and level of the hotel would justify but it is the only place in town. It is a low-end hotel with medium level prices. Certainly, this hotel needs a complete makeover but in the meantime, it can be an acceptable place to stay - but no more.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We were there for 5 days. Staff was very nice. Carpet was very old and VERY stained but the room was clean otherwise. Good mattress, bad pillows. Breakfast wasn't what we were used too in a motel. We tried to get late checkout and hoped for 1 pm but their late checkout is noon. It's the only motel anywhere near Troy or Biscoe so there wasn't really any choice. The price was ok but considering how old the motel is it was not a fair price. The nearby shopping turns out to be a food store and drug store. A Hardee's and Waffle House are the only places to eat within walking distance. The air conditioner is turned off in the office and ours got turned off one of the days we were there. They did say they were sorry. They must control the cable too because that went out one day too and came back as soon as I called the office. We would stay there again if we had to but I hope I don't need to go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biscoe
#4 of 6 in Asheboro
#4 of 6 in Albemarle
Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn ,Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Albemarle

Been to Days Inn Biscoe? Share your experiences!