“Best Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Preston Woodall House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benson
Preston Woodall House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Benson B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Had had my wedding at the Preston Woodall House on June 25th 2011. It was amazing!!!!!!! I couldn't have ask for thing to go any better. If I had to do it all over again I would. Some brides say that the food they ate during there food tasting was not the same as what they got the day of, but that was not the case for me. The food was AMAZING, Diane the wedding coordinator did an excellent job keeping everyone ready to go down the isle. Everything flowed so smoothly that I didn't have to worry about when things were happening or if something was going to get done. Joel the owner of the venue did everything he could to make my special day one to remember!!! Anytime I called Joel for a question he was always right there to answer it for me. The other thing I loved is that my family could stay in the cottages across the street from the house, it was all part of the package. The Preston Woodall House definitely delivered on all of there promises and beauty for an amazing wedding that I will not soon forget!!!!
Love you guys< Tina Martin

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

We were married at The Preston Woodall house on may 8th, 2010.
We got the Package A, which included the main house (4 bedrooms) and three cottages for the WHOLE weekend. This made for the BEST possible scenario for spending time together with mine and my Husband's family, and no one had to go anywhere!
Joel Hurley and his staff are truly in a class of their own when it comes to customer service and spoiling your guests rotten! They thought of everything! And left not one single detail overlooked. Choosing Preston Woodall is the second best decision I have ever made. (the first was saying yes when my husband proposed of course!) There is not a single aspect of our wedding I would change a thing about if I had it to do all over again. The food was top notch, people are RAVING about it, sending us cards and letters etc. how wonderful to get THANK YOU cards FROM your wedding guests! The venue was gorgeous, the rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated. Even the coffee they serve there is AWESOME, The staff: Professional Polished, well Mannered and will stop at NOTHING to WOW their guests. To hear people tell me it is the BEST wedding they have ever been to, floors me! It was the most unbelievable day of my life, and I know that Joel and his staff had a big hand in it! We had our wedding in the beautiful Garden and the reception in the HUGE and impressive grand ballroom. There was not a moment I felt stressed all weekend, I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding. If you are looking to have an A+++++ wedding, this is where you need to be period. No one in NC compares! And we know! We looked at over 45 Venues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

I just had to write after seeing the post below... My husband and I just stayed at the lovely Preston Woodall House for my niece's wedding. We were met at the door with incredible customer service, well appointed rooms (VERY CLEAN) and beautiful grounds and gardens. It was obvious from the moment that we arrived that customer service was priority at the Preston Woodall House and the staff doted on us, my family and all of our friends for the weekend wedding. The wedding was one of the best that I have ever attended and living up North we have been to our fair share of very nice places. The food, service, atmosphere, grounds and management were top notch and would HIGHLY recommend anyone getting married or family's looking for a place to stay ... to stay at the Preston Woodall House. AMAZING! We did realize that the house was built in 1910 but have to say that everything (including lighting) worked very well and all seemed very up to date. To the post below... go stay at a Hampton Inn where you can run all the hair dryers you want. We will take the charm, food and customer service any day at the Preston Woodall House. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

I have to say , this was one of the worse places I have stayed at and I travel .
If you do not care if your room has lights, towels,plugs,mirrors and the basic needs such as soap, shampoo etc. then stay there. If you plan to get ready for an event you will find yourslef putting on makeup in the dark, and no plug in the bathroom to do your hair!
not at all like the website! would never go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelwiseMa
Eastern NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

When my daughter became engaged, we immediately began venue searching. On July 25th, my suspicions were confirmed, we had ABSOLUTELY picked the right place! She had a fairytale wedding and no task was too large for Woodall House!. Everyone was amazing to work with, especially Joel, Phyllis, Diane & Patrick! Joel helped us create the wedding of my daughter's dreams down to each detail. Diane & Patrick - I don't know where to start! They never sleep! They ensured everything went off without a hitch, Accomodations were great - all of my family could stay together in the cottages. The food was excellent!. The house is beautiful. My husband and I have received so many compliments from our guests. It was a perfect weekend. Thanks to all of you so much. P.S. - The Sunday Brunch is fantastic. Best food you will ever eat!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

On July 28, 2009, I arrived at the Preston Woodall House carrying my niece and her finacee. The weekend began with a Rehearsal Dinner on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. The wedding couple and their families definitely picked the perfect place for their wedding events. I compared the weekend to being on a cruise--Nothing was a problem!! What a wonderful and friendly staff. I and other family members stayed in the cottages provided by the Preston Woodall House and had a wonderful experience with that also. It also seemed that we would be thinking out loud, and a staff member, especially Diane, would hear us, and PRESTO!, our thought would come to life. Nothing was impossible. I don't believe the staff slept from Friday to Sunday when we left. The brunch on Sunday morning ended our stay and was just as spectacular as the food at the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Thanks, Joel and Dianne and all other staff members who made a young lady's fairytale come true!!!
lmitchell

• Stayed July 2009
durham nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

There are not enough words to say thank you...Ever since I was a little girl, I have always dreamed of having a fairy tale wedding..Preston Woodall House and staff gave me something a lot better than my dreams. I can't thank you enough. From the time that I checked in for my event til the time that we checked out we had everything taken care of. My wedding was in June and I wish I could have it again so I could RELIVE the fairytale.

• Liked — friendly staff and owners everything was taken care of for my wedding
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benson
Hampton Inn Dunn
#6 of 7 in Dunn
BEST WESTERN Smithfield Inn
BEST WESTERN Smithfield Inn
#2 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Preston Woodall House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!