“Great dinner in a beautiful town”

Old Stone Steakhouse Limited
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stone Steakhouse Limited is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Gastonia, North Carolina this past weekend. On Saturday night, we decided to go to Belmont; not far from Gastonia. We heard about the Old Stone Steakhouse and wanted to try it. It was extremely crowded; not an empty seat in the house. This is a good sign; We'd rather wait than go into an empty restaurant. We waited about 40 minutes and it was well worth it. The decor inside was rustic. As soon as you enter, you are met by the delicious aroma of steak. The kitchen can be seen from the dining room as the chefs prepare the meals. My husband and I are from the northeast and before we left for North Carolina, I had heard about southern fried pickles. I love pickles but this sounded strange to me. They were on the appetizer menu and I could not come home without trying them. My husband is not adventurous so it was of no surprise that he would not try them. Better for me though because they were out of this world and I did not have to share them. I would encourage everyone that loves pickles to try them. I can't even describe how good they were. We both ordered steaks and they were delicous. There was a lot of food and we had no room for dessert. The dinner was amazing and it didn't break the bank either. Also our waitress was very attentive and friendly. We will be returning to North Carolina in the near future and we will be heading back to Old Stone. We highly reccomend this restaurant to everyone staying in the Gastonia, Belmont area. If you get there early and have to wait, there is a beautiful park across the street that you can walk around in.

Stephanie B.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is one of my favorite spots in the old historic town of Belmont. It is a great place for a girls night on Thursday's! 1/2 price glasses of wine (wide variety) 1/2 price yummy apps and Martini's are $5 bucks! The outdoor patio is nice in the Fall and has an outdoor fireplace. The fresh yeast rolls are an excellent start to the night b/c everyone at the table is saying "ummmm" ..friends have had to send back the crab cakes on two trips b/c of bland flavor. Other than that I don't have anything bad to say on this fine establishment! Love the sound of the old trains going through the town while dining! Gives it that extra feeling of the "Old Days".

Reviewed August 15, 2012

i was in belmont for some business and needed a nice place to take a client and wow this place delivered. great food/service and i will be back!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I went to Old Stone recently and had a fantastic ribeye. The service is fantastic and the building has a great ambiance.

I would highly recommend Old Stone Steakhouse to anyone who lives in the Belmont area or anyone who visits from out of town. I don't usually post on Yelp but I want my great experience to be shared.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Can never go wrong with the food. Fine dining experience but very small inside so reservations are recommended. They have accommodated me very quickly in the past even when I did not have reservations. Very tiny bar. Excellent wait staff.