“Truly a remarkable staff”

Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Belmont
“Truly a remarkable staff”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My daughter got married at Belmont Abbey this weekend and we all stayed at the Hampton Inn. It is the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in and they were very accommodating! Everything was spotless and very comfortable!
On the day of the wedding, a truck pulled down the power lines and poles for the hotel. While this was a bit of an inconvenience, it certainly was not the hotel's fault and there was nothing they could do to correct it. When we got back after the reception about 6:15 pm, the GM, Carolyn Barnes was still there (she had been there since early that morning) along with the head of housekeeping. As we discussed options, we were handed bottles of ice cold water - very refreshing! Carolyn was willing to accommodate us any way we requested. She went out to the street to get the latest update on how much longer it would take. It was going to be less than an hour longer and we were happy to be patient and stay there that night.
The head of housekeeping bent over backwards to make us comfortable (offering to personally make up our room for us (not necessary, just fresh towels, please) and the entire hotel cooled down quickly once power was restored. This staff really was remarkable!

Room Tip: Our room (219) was very quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor. You all were an amazing group of people and such a joy to have in the hotel. You all made my job and the executive housekeepers job so much easier under the circumstances. I hope you all will visit us again when you are in this area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oceanside, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Outstanding place to stay at. Yes there are cheaper places int he area... but none to the quality of this particular location. What would be better?... a group of suites for larger families. Food was great and always fresher than other hotels that have the same style of complimentary service. Cleanliness was very apparent, and for our needs, location is perfect near the Belmont Abbey College.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn Belmont. We hope you will visit us again when you are in the area.
Avon, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My mother and I stayed here while visiting family in Belmont. The hotel is located very close to I-85, so was easy to find. I worried about noise from the interstate and we found our room to be very quiet, despite being in the rear of the hotel, closest to the interstate. Our room was very clean, the breakfast was really quite good (egg dishes at hotel chain breakfast buffets are never very good, but the omelets here actually tasted like eggs!). I had a problem with my room key needing to be recoded literally every day-- but discovered keeping it in the same pocket with my cell phone was the culprit-- word to the wise!! Otherwise, the stay here was a very good one and I would recommend to anyone needing a stay in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful comments you gave us on Trip Advisor. We all really appreciate the great remarks regarding your overall stay with us. We hope you will visit us again when you are in the area.
COCOA BEACH, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed mid June 2014 and was not impressed for the price of the room. At time of reservation I was told there was shuttle service from the Airport so I did not rent a car - there is NO shuttle service! When I checked in I was informed the elevators were not working and they were not sure when they would be. Two flights of stairs in a knee brace was not a pleasant experience! This hotel does not have any restaurants in close proximity, disappointing to say the least. I also expected a covered outside smoking area. If your a smoker - bring an umbrella as you will be out in the elements.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I do apologize for the elevator not working, as I explained, lightning struck the control panel and we were without the elevator for 2 hours. Also, we do have a covered smoking patio on the south end of the hotel with patio chairs, tables and an ash receptacle.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great spot, very friendly, nice small town. I booked this based on travel plans, but was very happy with the spot based on the surrounding town. Great place to stop for dinner and a night. The staff was very friendly. Would recommend if you want to stat just outside of Charlotte. Also, we stay at Hampton Inns all over and this was one of the best breakfasts we have seen!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your review to Trip Advisor. My staff and I appreciate the wonderful comments regarding our hotel. This hotel is in a really unique location and somewhat of a country atmosphere. We all hope you will visit the hotel again on your next trip to the area.
United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I found the seven Hampton Hotels we stayed at to be clean and well maintained. Breakfast was always good and a little different variety at every stop. All had fitness room and pool amenities. The complimentary internet service was always available and easy to access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carolyn B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. My staff and I appreciate the great kudos you gave our hote. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Ellerbe, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great hotel service is a plus very helpful and I also stayed when I worked at Belmont PD. the frontdesk personnel was great in fact all of the staff very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and smelled nice and also they have a little reception every evening.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Belmont. We really appreciate the good kudos given us. We hope you will stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Eagle Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Charlotte - Belmont at Montcross? Share your experiences!