Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bradley Motel(Charlotte)
View Hotel
All reviewscharlotte airportwhite waterfront deskwould stay here againroom was cleanwe've stayednice place to staydowntown belmonthiebeddingprosconsmountrepairtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Pros: Low Cost, Easy Access to Highways
Cons: Poor Local Restaurant Selection

This is my preferred hotel when visiting Charlotte on business. It is only a few miles from the airport, easily accessed by I-85. This side of Charlotte doesn't see much highway traffic at rush hour, providing a nice drive into the city. There is ample parking, the staff is friendly, and the property is well maintained.

Rooms are fairly spacious, and include mini-refridgerators, which is always nice - I definitely prefer cold drinks from the fridge vs. getting ice from the ice machine. My room had a typical king layout - a sofa, desk area, dresser, and bathroom.

Breakfast is varied and changes day to day, so you won't be stuck with the same choices every morning. They have a good assortment of pancakes, warm rolls, cereal, fruits, eggs, bacon / sausage, etc. Definitely one of the better breakfasts in this hotel class.

The only downside - which really has nothing to do with the hotel itself - is that this interstate exit doesn't offer much in the way of restaurants. There are some drive-through choices, but a definite lack of sit-down chain restaurants.

So I would recommend a stay here - just eat dinner in Charlotte before heading back to your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William H
Kenya F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Checked-in late with the exceptionally pleasant and welcoming Victoria. She was incredibly professional and knowledgeable about the area. She is absolutely the ideal person you want to deal with when you check into a hotel.

The room was crisp and clean. The bathroom was spotless. The drop-ceiling in the bathroom had some minor issues along some of the metal brackets, but nothing to be concerned about.

The breakfast lady working on March 16 was incredibly nice, and when the pancake maker was having difficulties, she was able to work her magic, and brought us a plate after we had sat down. The breakfast food was fresh, had a nice variety, and the breakfast tables and area were kept clean. We will DEFINITELY stay here next time we visit the area.

*NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: please send a repairman out to fix the pancake maker. It's such a cool idea of a machine, but that's all it was for us, an idea- it's malfunctioning, and I was amazed she was able to get 3 (yummy) pancakes out of it (after 15 minutes of trying).

Room Tip: you want a good room? Stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenya F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so I may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return to Holiday Inn Express Charlotte-Airpot Belmont.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff day and night and the shuttle driver was helpful as well. Room was clean and I used the guest laundry and found the machines clean and working well. Only downside was nowhere to eat within walking distance. Ill stay hear again...all in all a good value.

• Stayed: March 2013
Kenya F, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased that your had wonderful experience and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms at Holiday Inn Express- Belmont. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The entire staff provided a quality experience during our recent stay. In particular, the general manager, Mr. Brenton Smiley, was very helpful in making our stay memorable. The hotel was as advertised, clean, quiet and efficient. We will certainly stay here again when in the Charlotte, NC area. Also, because of our good experience, Holiday Inn Express is our preferred motel when traveling.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in Charlotte for work and decided to stay here because the rates were very, very favorable. The hotel itself is on the other side of the highway, a mile from all the restaurants, but not too far away. The rooms were clean, with a mix of modern furnishings and some of the older stuff. I was in the room that had erratic room temps. I set it cold, but it never really got cold, depending on where I was in the room. It was constantly starting off and on. Oh well, it was something I could get over.

I was working in downtown Charlotte, and I had a solid drive to get there. I knew how far it was from the area, so I couldn't blame anyone but myself for that. Breakfast was typical of most of the complimentary breakfasts for the chain and similar chains. It was filling, but not great. Still, for the price, it's a great value and worth staying at. With the restaurants just down the road, you can find some decent chow too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear NirvanaCrono,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Joel B