Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The only thing that was not good in this hotel was the pancake machine was broken. Many people love this including myself. The lady who puts out the food was not very nice, but other than that a good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mugen2008

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I spent the weekend in Charlotte NC, visiting friends. They dropped me at the airport and I thought I was heading home, but opportunity arose for a travel certificate, so I gave my plane seat away to someone who needed it. There was another couple with me also from the Buffalo area who gave up their seats as well. The airport put us up at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. The shuttle driver was kind enough to let the three of us go to a FoodLion on the way to the hotel so that we could grab eats and snacks.
The front clerks were very accomondating, they had us in our rooms within a few moments.
The room was very clean, I believe there were upgrades made to the hotel. The beds sit high, for a 4 foot 11 inch woman, I took alot of running jumps, lol. Everything was comfortable and peace-filled.
Pro: I got a good night sleep because I needed to be on the first shuttle in the morning. I came downstairs at 4:45 am the next morning and the coffee was hot and fresh, and the continental breakfast was up and running.
Con: the shuttle only runs on the hour since it's 20 minutes from the airport.
All in all, it was an Awesome adventure, I would definitely recommend this hotel, many thanks to the airlines for putting me up here instead of a hotel with a less than stellar name.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 9W21
Deborah S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

We at the Holiday Inn Express Charlotte Airport Belmont are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I are staying here on business. We've been to numerous hotels across the country and we would have to rank this as in the top 2 of all the places that we've stayed. The entire staff are the friendliest and helpful anywhere. The rooms are gorgeous and always spic and span clean. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning that is great and always hot and delicious. Some times in the afternoon they put out little treats and beverages for the patrons. How nice is that!!! The grounds are always clean and look nice. They also have a shuttle to the airport and the drivers are friendly and helpful. For a great stay and great people, I would definitely recommend you give them a try. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Danny C

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express Charlotte Airport Belmont LOVED having you here as well - come back!! We hope to see you guys again soon!! :)

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Every time we visited our son in Charlotte, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Belmont NC and every time we stayed there it was great. I'm talking about staying for weeks at a time while helping our son remodel his home. We were always treated like special guests and after staying so many times, the staff started calling us by name when we were there. The beds are so comfortable and the breakfast served hot each morning is delicious and lots of variety. We especially loved the biscuits and sausage gravy. Sometimes they have snacks in the lobby in the evening with finger foods and beer (free)!! I can't say enough about this hotel and would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: We like the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DarCole
Deborah S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

We at the Holiday Inn Express are happy that you enjoy your stays here - we strive to make customer service our top priority and are glad that your stays exceeded your expectations! We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on a trip to North Carolina. Nice clean place. No problems. Good Location

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Well I wasn't paying as had I missed my connection and the airline had to put me up, but the location of this hotel is listed as an airport hotel yet it is 7 miles away and has a very limited (one per hour) courtesy bus. On arrival after a long day of delays we were treated to the circus of the hotel fire alarm being triggered by some bright spark who chose to burn popcorn in their room and check-in staff having no clue as to what to do when the fire alarm sounds. Consequently we had to wait for the fire department to turn up (thankfully very quickly).

The rooms are basic but there is free internet and coffee facilities in room and a basic "hot breakfast" is served in the lobby area in the mornings. Other than that, the hotel is unremarkable and appears to be in the middle of nowhere next to a main highway.

I've no idea how it compares to others nearer to the airport, but I suspect there is better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Wellpastit
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is my second week staying at this hotel. Last week I was put into a room directly next to the one elevator in the whole building. The ringing of the elevator bell was so loud that I was awaken every time it went off (which was frequent during the late night and early morning.) I will say, the staff was very accommodating in moving me to another room.
The very next week I am once again close (though not right next to) the incredibly loud ringing elevator. Before I even checked in (and saw my soon to be room number) I asked if I could be moved further away. I was told no other rooms were available. I fear I'll be checking out in the morning and going to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeff L
Deborah S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Jeff - I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room. Unfortunately on your second stay we were completely booked and could not move your room. A notation can always be added to your profile to avoid rooms near the elevator - that will alleviate this problem in the future. We hope to see you at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
Comfort Suites
#6 of 15 in Gastonia
Eagle Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Airport
Best Western Gastonia
#5 of 15 in Gastonia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont? Share your experiences!