Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont
$119
Courtyard Charlotte Airport North(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$60
$93
$109
$98
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
$94
Home2.com
$59
$74
Country Inn
Comfort Suites(Gastonia)
$89
All reviewscharlotte airportwhite waterfront deskwould stay here againroom was cleanwe've stayednice place to staydowntown belmonthiebeddingprosconsmountrepairtub
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Well I wasn't paying as had I missed my connection and the airline had to put me up, but the location of this hotel is listed as an airport hotel yet it is 7 miles away and has a very limited (one per hour) courtesy bus. On arrival after a long day of delays we were treated to the circus of the hotel fire alarm being triggered by some bright spark who chose to burn popcorn in their room and check-in staff having no clue as to what to do when the fire alarm sounds. Consequently we had to wait for the fire department to turn up (thankfully very quickly).

The rooms are basic but there is free internet and coffee facilities in room and a basic "hot breakfast" is served in the lobby area in the mornings. Other than that, the hotel is unremarkable and appears to be in the middle of nowhere next to a main highway.

I've no idea how it compares to others nearer to the airport, but I suspect there is better.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Wellpastit
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is my second week staying at this hotel. Last week I was put into a room directly next to the one elevator in the whole building. The ringing of the elevator bell was so loud that I was awaken every time it went off (which was frequent during the late night and early morning.) I will say, the staff was very accommodating in moving me to another room.
The very next week I am once again close (though not right next to) the incredibly loud ringing elevator. Before I even checked in (and saw my soon to be room number) I asked if I could be moved further away. I was told no other rooms were available. I fear I'll be checking out in the morning and going to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeff L
Deborah S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlotte Airport-Belmont, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Jeff - I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your room. Unfortunately on your second stay we were completely booked and could not move your room. A notation can always be added to your profile to avoid rooms near the elevator - that will alleviate this problem in the future. We hope to see you at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Very nice! Clean rooms and new furntiture. Great stay!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ForestGumpMan
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I have to agree with another reviewer in that I am not sure how this hotel qualifies as an airport hotel.

I booked this hotel stay for a business (military) event. We had scheduled a team-building group event at the US National White Water Center and so I searched for hotels around that area. When I saw this hotel featured as an airport hotel I figured it would be in a safe enough location with some close-by eateries and quick highway access, etc...

We booked a total of 13 rooms with them and checked in individually. I had been in contact with one of their hotel managers. I was a little dissatisfied in how poorly I welcomed to the hotel.

The front desk clerk seemed "oh-so enthused" to be working that night, and when I let her know that I had been in contact with the manager and just wanted to make sure everything was in good standing, she went in the back, he was there, and never even came out to greet me.

Now I didn't expect any VIP treatment. But usually when you organize a group event at a hotel you are give a very warm welcome. I know this because this wasn't a first for me.

I had requested a room with a crib (only two months in advance, with a reminder the day prior), and when I requested one that night, yes the same clerk, took over an hour to get it. At first I wasn't even sure if she was going to because she never did give any indication she was paying attention to me at all.

The cable and internet did not work our first night there. No apologies were issued.

The room had a musty smell to it. I have a family of five (2 adults, 2 kids, and one baby) but they only had 3 towel sets in the room...even the next day after housekeeping came.

The hotel was not in the best of locations, it was secluded and not close to anything, and price-wise you could find better closer to downtown. I am not from Charlotte, NC and had only been there once...and again I figured "airport".

The hotel interior was nice and they did have a complimentary hot breakfast from served until 0930 am (another fact of information I had to PRY out of the front desk clerk).

The staff working the morning shift were much more pleasant and inviting.

The hotel was very quiet at night which we appreciated. The doors did not slam, thank God, as our baby girl is a very light sleeper. The hotel itself is clean and kept nice. It was not superior by any means but very nice for the average express.

I rated poor because of the customer service but overall I would give it a three (average). However, I would not book here again not mainly due to my experience but due to the location. There are better hotels averaging the same distance from the USNWC but in better areas.

If anyone from management every reads this, please take a look into "Deborah" the front desk jerk...I mean clerk.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Brunos82
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I came here for a wedding and really enjoyed my stay. Very clean, rooms nice, beds comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was always a plus. The business station wasn't the greatest.....the machine was very slow and it seemed to have a ton of viruses that made internet access very difficult. My only other issue is during the nights you can hear other doors closing while you're sleeping. Other than these very minor issues I had no problem with this hotel and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple