“Have had better servers at fast food restaurants.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fred's Backside Deli

Fred's Backside Deli
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Have had better servers at fast food restaurants.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The female staff were outside on the phone when I approached the counter to place my order the young man who is the cook took my order instead of the waitresses.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

richmond,virginia
“Great people! Good food-great stop for lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The girl at the counter was so exceptionally sweet and helpful! The food was very good, we had the chili with "fixin's" , sandwiches, all delicious, reasonable prices, and bought extra to take back to our B&B for lunches. Great stop at Fred's Country Store!

Visited April 2013
“No meat.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in Fred's Deli for breakfast. I was greeted by a surly girl behind the counter. After looking at a very limited menu, I was placing my order as the worker made sarcastic remarks towards me. The food was mediocre and bland. There is no meat in the general store, unless you count hot dogs.

I will not be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank queenbeeMUA
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good breakfast, great view and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fred's Mercentile is a must if you're staying at Beech Mt. Quirky with character, and they sell everything. The Deli served us a hearty breakfast, which we ate sitting in a sun room that looks over a pretty patio in the woods. We were watching a blizzard at the time - great location for it!

Visited March 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“do stop in at Fred's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My daughter and I left the young'uns on the mountain, and asked the shuttle driver to drop us off at Fred's for lunch. Nice selection of sandwiches and soups - in addition to our relaxing meal, we opted for a takeout of freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread - excellent choice! Fred's has all manner of foodstuffs and other items to browse and buy.

Visited February 2013