“Its ok”

Beech Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Beech Mountain Resort offers a winter wonderland of fun and activities for your family or group. Enjoy excellent skiing and riding-day and night, plus a charming alpine village filled with intriguing shops, tasty restaurants and exciting apre`s ski activities. Beech Mountain Resort also offers summertime fun with lift-accessible biking trails, disc golf and scenic lift rides!
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The place needs updating, from what I understand is it will be getting a major makeover next year. Plus side is its very quiet and nice grounds.

1  Thank espanolabass

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I purchased a season pass at this resort this year. After a HORRIBLE experience MORE THAN ONCE on the lifts, I will NEVER ski here again, even if it was FREE! A lift operator cursed at me on a Friday, harassed me until I left, and then on Sunday harassed me again. I promptly complained, and my complaint was NOT taken seriously. I will spend the rest of the season at another resort where the staff treat me with courtesy. Such unprofessional behavior is apparently deemed acceptable customer service at Beech Mountain. GO ELSEWHERE, also noted is the near nonexistent lighting available for night skiing. Night ski here if you want to get injured.

2  Thank Jay J
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Beech has some really nice slopes. If your ability level allows you to ski blacks and blues then you will have great time at Beech. Beech competes with Sugar and App Ski for winter skiing in the Northern NC Appalachians but the two best are clearly Beech and Sugar. One very big reason to choose Beech is its high speed quad lift (Sugar only has slow speed doubles to the top). But Beech also has longer black diamond runs (not as steep or challenging as Sugar) which are great to ski and you will often be one of just a few on the slope at any given time.

One drawback to Beech is that is subject to windy conditions (like any mountain) that persist season round whereas Sugar is more shielded from winds on its slopes.

Beech recently opened an awesome bar at the top of the mountain with amazing views and good craft beer and spirits.

3  Thank CHRIS M
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This resort is very outdated. They could use some seating near the bottom of the main hill, not over past the beginners area. The signage to bathroom facilities was severely lacking too. That said, if they'd groom the slopes occasionally there are several nice ski runs. I think they aren't very motivated to upgrade because there aren't many options for skiing in the southeast.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My sons and I recently drove to Beech Mountain for a day of skiing and had a great time! My very first ski trip ever in the '80s was at Beech Mountain and it has hardly changed since those days. That is both good and bad. We had great conditions and so the mountain was in perfect shape for North Carolina....no ice and packed powder. The staff are friendly and the whole place is just fairly low key, which I appreciate. We drove right up to facilities to park, which is very convenient.

On the down side, the facilities are in major need of an upfit. Everything just feels old. Had to sit on the floor in the dining facilities and the sanitation grade was B (pretty disgusting).

In terms of the slopes, there aren't any double blacks and the single blacks would be blue or double blues at most resorts, but fun can be had by all recreational skiiers. The one drawback to the design is that the Green slopes are just the bottom part of the blue and black slopes, so there is chaos on a busy day at the bottom of the mountain. If a big investment is ever made here, I would work to create more separation for new skiiers from the more experienced.