“Delicious mountain grub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have been coming here for years, most recently tonight. The steak au poivre was top notch - I can't imagine a more delicious steak at the best restaurant back home in DC. The vegetables served with it were fresh and tasty. My kids enjoyed splitting the appetizer pizza, helped me with my veggies, and devoured the chocolate cake with ice cream. Had the trout when we were here over Christmas and it was pretty simple but good- they should try a new way of decorating their plates rather than the cut cooked carrots and ?paprika? and put the veggies on the plate with the food because it doesn't *look* right having the entree all by itself on the plate. Just a little suggestion but I think everything I've tried here is good. Service is always speedy, warm, and welcoming and I love the hummingbird feeders right outside the windows. By the way, prices for food in the mountains have to be higher btw to account for transport of the food - Beech is a little isolated, no?

1  Thank jcknightma
There are newer reviews for Vasarely's

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We really enjoyed the restaurant and the Cindy/Mindy staff. Cindy, an owner, took us thru the menu and provided an insight with special emphasis on her efforts, the pies. Her husband does the main dishes and the Steak Au Poivre was the best at the table. Mindy, our server, was friendly and provided expert input on the menu.

3  Thank Geezers_on_the_Go
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to Vasarely's with some friends on Friday night and enjoyed a real culinary treat! The salad was fresh, the rolls homemade, and the green beans crisp....and the Steak au poivre made my tastebuds think they had died and gone to heaven! Excellent combination of tender filet, peppercorns, and savory sauce. And the Toasted Almond dessert was so silky smooth and tasty! I only wish I lived closer so I could go every week.

1  Thank CJCRN
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a place I alwasy look forward to going back to. We have been eating there for 5 or more years now, and ALWAYS have to go back. The service is great, the food is awesome.
Family owned and operated, makes it a great place to go and enjoy a lovely meal.

1  Thank twogirlsstuff
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently ate here with my husband and son. Nice location with nice view. Our server was very nice and went out of her way to make sure my 4 year old had a nice meal without getting fidgety. Sadly the food was disappointing and we felt the prices were high for the portions. I think that they need to work on the menu. I see the review below about the french fries and roast. We did not order the roast but we both got meals which included fries and they do look like the crinkley fries as the previous reviewer said. We didnt care to much because our son ate the fries but we feel there are many other restaurants on the mountain with better food and better value. We probably will not go back at least not for a while.

3  Thank Mel B