“Very unhappy with the Pinnacle (room 2109)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pinnacle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beech Mountain
The Pinnacle Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beech Mountain
Kennesaw
“Very unhappy with the Pinnacle (room 2109)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

My family just wanted a nice clean place to stay over the long presidents day weekend while we skied at Beech. When we called to make reservation all we asked for was a two bedroom unit on the first floor with at least a queen size bed in the master and two double beds in the second room for our children.

The only good thing I can say is that the unit was on the first floor. The unit was very poorly furnished, the appliances were in terrible shape. The refrigerator did not have a functional ice maker, the dishwasher was cracked and none of the rooms had functional overhead lights. The TV in the children s room did not have a cable source. There was no remote for the TV in the master bedroom. The furniture in the family room was terrible. The chairs were so bad it was almost impossible to sit in them. The bed in the master was defiantly not a queen size. It also had some type of plastic sheeting under the sheets that made it very uncomfortable.

We were also told the unit had WiFi internet service. Again this was not the case, I am not sure if it was just the rooms location or not, but there was no usable WiFi signal in the unit.

Since the units are the Pinnacle are all individually owned, other rooms may be better. But if they offer you room 2109 you should ask for a different room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank KennesawGa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

The staff was so unfriendly and so UNHELPFUL! It was like pulling teeth to get some service! And it doesn't say on the website that the 'shuttle' offered by Beech Mountain does not run during the week! (part of the reason why we chose this place). The Inn itself was the worst place we have ever stayed! It was so cold inside that there was SNOW INSIDE the window panes! They only have little space heaters that you have to crank up so high that you then get hot, but if you turn it down at all you freeze! Also, if there is the slightest wind blowing it sounds like the whole building is going to collapse! The unit was not clean and I wouldn't get in that hottub in a rubber suit! It looks like it hasn't been cleaned in 20 years! Spend your money elsewhere! This place is not worth a dime!!I would NEVER recommend this place! Not even to my worst enemy!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank uncwsurfergirl

Travelers are raving about these Beech Mountain hotels

South FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

When we checked in on Christmas Day there was no power due to the ice storm. The power went off at 4am on Christmas morning. It would have been nice to receive a call on my cell # (that I left) so I could stay somewhere else until the power was restored. With no power and no way for my 2 kids, wife and I to stay warm I went to the front desk to buy some firewood. I was told I could take one bundle of wood for free (otherwise $5). I made a fire in the dark, brought two mattresses from the kid’s room and placed them in front of the fireplace and kept the fire going. I made multiple trips to the lobby (across ice covered parking lot and sidewalks) to get my one-bundle at a time. I bought extras just to make it through the night. We had half power the next day (no 220V for heaters, dryer, stove, hot water, etc) and the day after we had full power. The front desk offered no discount for the inconvenience. Once we had full power I could see the deplorable conditions of this unit. It was subpar with toilets that run on and on, towel holders that were sagging and screws falling out, vacuum that was inop, dining room chairs broken or unsafe, Ceiling fan bulbs hanging by a wire, and glasses and dishes that were impractical. Most glasses were 4oz. Who drinks out of a 4 ounce glass? All dishes and glasses were a hodgepodge and didn't match. ATTN CONDO OWNER: Reinvest in your 25 year old condo!!! It was obvious there was no pride of ownership and for $195 per night you're not providing the value. Common areas were also less than well maintained. A very old condo. WIIFI was weak at best when the power returned. Will look for something newer next time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank micherr
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

this resort was very amazing the staff there was also really nice too. our condo was as clean as could be i give this resort an a+++

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickgtafan4reel
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

This was the most relaxing trip that my husband and I have ever been on.
The staff at The Pinnacle Inn was great real friendly everyone had a smile for us.
The condo that we stayed in was very clean and well equipped anything you needed to feel at home.We will be staying in that one again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
south carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

My mom, husband, my four children (ages 4 months to 5 years old), and I chose the Pinnacle because it was supposed to be within walking distance to the sledding hill at the Town Hall. Upon our arrival, we were told we had too many people for our room size. We were treated very ugly by Judy Decker, the General Manager. We were given a bigger room,but had to wait for it to be cleaned. The place was filthy, but we had driven such a long distance and just wanted to get out of the van! There was so much dust all over the place that my five year old son, who suffers from allergies, really had a hard time breathing. When we lifted the rugs, dirt literally fell all over the floor. My mom swept up the "debri" and placed it in a bag. I turned it in to Judy when we checked out. Upon voicing our "complaints", all Judy, the manager could say was "We have never had anyone else to complain about this". She must never go in the rooms and look around or she, herself, lives in filth. We were VERY disappointed in our overall stay and experience at The Pinnacle. I'm not sure how they stay in business. If you are a fairly clean person, PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE to enjoy Beech Mountain.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank amberSouthCarolina
wilmington, nc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2009

Our condo unit was nice and had a pleasant view overlooking the slopes. The units are all furnished differently, so take the time to go through the website where you can see photos of each individual unit. Ours had a stone fireplace, w/d and internet. The bedding and furnishings in our unit were decent.

I booked our unit directly over the phone. While on the phone, I was told that I could browse the units online and call back if I decided I wanted a different unit. I asked about AAA or discounts and the lady responded "we are not a hotel."

When I went online to look at our unit versus others, I also noticed that they were offering a 15% discount for three night stays. When I called back to change my unit, I asked for the discount (which amounted to about $80). I was told that the discount is only available when the unit is initially booked. When I replied that I booked by phone and was not told about the discount, the lady (same one I booked with initially) began addressing me in a very condescending, patronizing and unprofessional tone. I was advised in very strong terms that I would not be granted any discount. This somewhat tainted my feelings about staying there. I found the rest of the staff to be friendly and accomodating, but the initial treatment put somewhat of a cloud on our stay.

My advice would be to check the units online and check for discounts before you call to stay there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank coastalhead
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Beech Alpen Inn
Beech Alpen Inn
#1 of 2 in Beech Mountain

Been to The Pinnacle Inn? Share your experiences!