“decent choice - would stay again”
Review of The Pinnacle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beech Mountain
The Pinnacle Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beech Mountain
Reviewed February 22, 2013

These condos are small, and dated, but certainly acceptable for a long weekend stay. My family rented 3103B, a one-bedroom unit, with pullout couch (mattress needs replacing). We had an issue with our front door lock - couldn't get in - and I must highly commend the management and staff, who were johnny-on-the-spot to help us out. The kitchen is very well stocked, all the utensils and appliances you could want...but no space for the groceries you bring with you.
I understand that each of these units is individually owned, and decorated, so take a close look on the website, and give it your best shot. Call to make your reservation, so you can speak directly with management about any special needs you may have.
We're especially grateful for the shuttle service to the ski resort - blizzard conditions the morning after we arrived...we could never have driven to the mountain ourselves! The drivers are entertaining and unfailingly accommodating.
And don't forget, the Pinnacle Inn offers an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, ping pong, and pool table - great place for families.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We came back to Pinnacle, picking a different room and it was great; it's our new favorite. The rooms are so different one from the next on many levels so do the research and it will pay off, but none of the rooms we've had have been poor. The pool, hot tub, etc. again are a big part of our trip- a huge sell for this place. Nothing completes a day on the cold slopes like that, and the kids were worn out and ready for bed.
Another great stay.

On the picky side: they could do well to hire someone to do a quick shovel on the walkways after a big snow; it will keep them clean and safe till the next one. And it will help keep the rooms much cleaner. The snow plow truck for the parking lot seems to make random swipes.

Room Tip: Pick based on the size of your group, and the staff up front were helpful with choices.
1  Thank TallaDan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We drove up in snow without four wheel drive so nice to not worry about the roads being cleared to the resort. Be sure to check out all the possible rooms available it's worth taking the time to find the nicer remodeled units. We stayed in 1113. Hot water was the only issue. Smallest 50 gallon hot water heater I've ever been around. Summer time it wouldn't be an issue so this would be first choice. The pool is heated and I know for sure two of the jacuzzis were working so that was really nice after skiing. Just 5 minutes by car to Beech Mountain Resort and if you want to eat out comfortable walk in snow gear to Brick Oven.

Room Tip: Management won't let you book more then 6 people per unit even though several units are obviousl...
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed our room and the pool, and the location can't be beat! However, the staff is very difficult to work with. I don't want to post her name, but the lady in reservations was always unhappy. I had to change our reservation, and she acted like it was a huge deal to change it. She charged me $50 to change the reservation too! Then, my confirmation email had the wrong dates and I was overcharged. When I called back, the mean lady said that those reservations are never right and that she had our correct dates in the system. I asked her to email me the correct confirmation, but she said I just needed to trust her. The email would be wrong. Then I asked about the charges and she said I was getting a refund because "the new girl" messed it up, and the accountant would mail to me, but he only comes in every few weeks so it would be whenever he got around to it. It's been about three weeks now and still nothing. I was trying to understand the math on the refund and she said, "I've worked here eleven years and I know I'm right." So I couldn't get her to go through the numbers on how she was calculating the refund. This sour service really made the weekend less fun, because by the time we were done with the reservation headaches, and the overcharges, and the extra fee for changing our dates, I didn't want to give my money to them anymore...and won't. Even though the condo was very nice and in such a great location.

4  Thank Laura291
technogirltx, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

This appears to be a huge communication error. It appears that you were wrongly charged a $50 cancellation fee by the "new employee" and this was removed by our manager. Our internet was down for 3 days (we are in the mountains and this does happen) so no emails could be sent to confirm the refunded amount. Our bookeeper comes twice/month and writes checks at those times. You JUST checked out on the 27th... (2 days ago), our bookkeeper is coming tomorrow, so your refund check will be mailed by Feb. 1. You have been emailed a new statement, showing the refund amount. Please call the office if you have any questions (ask to speak to Judy). We are so sorry for this miscommunication.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pinnacle Inn over a long weekend and it was great. Just a two minute drive to the slopes but right in the heart of Beech Mountain makes this place very easy.
Our unit #2319 (they are all condo style rooms) was a 2 bedroom on the third story, with a view of Beech Mountain Slopes. The unit was nice and well decorated and featured flat panel tvs in each bedroom as well as the living room.
The only downside to these condos would be. There are no elevators. Carrying bags up and down was a chore.
Otherwise, let reservations guide you as they recommended the unit that fit our family perfect. Service was great! When calling down for a number, the first person on the phone knew the number of the Alpen Inn Resturant by heart. Local knowledge was appreciated. We liked the dryer too. We needed it to dry out our ski gear.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and 2 children (13 & 9) and I spent a weekend here in Unit #2113. We had been here before but this was our first time in this unit. Compared to the others that we have stayed in this one was very updated and clean. Loved the updated appliances as well as the cleanliness of the condo. Very nicely decorated and tvs in each bedroom as well as a nice flat screen in the living room. The foldout couch was even comfortable for the kids!!! It is located near the parking lot as well as the pool. We were able to let our kids play out in the snow and not worry about them. We could watch then from the porch! Very cozy and clean condo. Very convenient to the ski slopes as well. Would recommend this unit to anyone.

Our children went skiing and snowboarding as well as sledding at city hall! The trip was awesome and we are trying to work in another trip soon. We will definitely stay at the Pinnacle again and hopefully be able to rent #2113.

Just a note to some of the other reviews on here - I would strongly suggest checking the website for the unit and their descriptions since each unit is individually owned!

Can't wait for our next trip.

2  Thank Tbarb24
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Each condo is individually decorated...this means some are nice and some aren't. The decor in ours is somewhat dated, but it is very comfortable/cozy. The electric baseboard and wall heaters made me a little nervous. Great view from our unit of Ski Beech. Don't expect to be staying at The Westin when you arrive...as long as you keep your expectations in check you will be fine.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor unit with a view of Beech Mountain...some condos in the center of the complex...
1  Thank Arby1028
#6 of 18 in Boone
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 18 in Boone

Been to The Pinnacle Inn? Share your experiences!