“Nice hotel, but didn't like the staff”
Review of The Pinnacle Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beech Mountain
The Pinnacle Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beech Mountain
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We enjoyed our room and the pool, and the location can't be beat! However, the staff is very difficult to work with. I don't want to post her name, but the lady in reservations was always unhappy. I had to change our reservation, and she acted like it was a huge deal to change it. She charged me $50 to change the reservation too! Then, my confirmation email had the wrong dates and I was overcharged. When I called back, the mean lady said that those reservations are never right and that she had our correct dates in the system. I asked her to email me the correct confirmation, but she said I just needed to trust her. The email would be wrong. Then I asked about the charges and she said I was getting a refund because "the new girl" messed it up, and the accountant would mail to me, but he only comes in every few weeks so it would be whenever he got around to it. It's been about three weeks now and still nothing. I was trying to understand the math on the refund and she said, "I've worked here eleven years and I know I'm right." So I couldn't get her to go through the numbers on how she was calculating the refund. This sour service really made the weekend less fun, because by the time we were done with the reservation headaches, and the overcharges, and the extra fee for changing our dates, I didn't want to give my money to them anymore...and won't. Even though the condo was very nice and in such a great location.

4  Thank Laura291
technogirltx, Guest Relations Manager at The Pinnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

This appears to be a huge communication error. It appears that you were wrongly charged a $50 cancellation fee by the "new employee" and this was removed by our manager. Our internet was down for 3 days (we are in the mountains and this does happen) so no emails could be sent to confirm the refunded amount. Our bookeeper comes twice/month and writes checks at those times. You JUST checked out on the 27th... (2 days ago), our bookkeeper is coming tomorrow, so your refund check will be mailed by Feb. 1. You have been emailed a new statement, showing the refund amount. Please call the office if you have any questions (ask to speak to Judy). We are so sorry for this miscommunication.

There are newer reviews for The Pinnacle Inn

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Pinnacle Inn over a long weekend and it was great. Just a two minute drive to the slopes but right in the heart of Beech Mountain makes this place very easy.
Our unit #2319 (they are all condo style rooms) was a 2 bedroom on the third story, with a view of Beech Mountain Slopes. The unit was nice and well decorated and featured flat panel tvs in each bedroom as well as the living room.
The only downside to these condos would be. There are no elevators. Carrying bags up and down was a chore.
Otherwise, let reservations guide you as they recommended the unit that fit our family perfect. Service was great! When calling down for a number, the first person on the phone knew the number of the Alpen Inn Resturant by heart. Local knowledge was appreciated. We liked the dryer too. We needed it to dry out our ski gear.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and 2 children (13 & 9) and I spent a weekend here in Unit #2113. We had been here before but this was our first time in this unit. Compared to the others that we have stayed in this one was very updated and clean. Loved the updated appliances as well as the cleanliness of the condo. Very nicely decorated and tvs in each bedroom as well as a nice flat screen in the living room. The foldout couch was even comfortable for the kids!!! It is located near the parking lot as well as the pool. We were able to let our kids play out in the snow and not worry about them. We could watch then from the porch! Very cozy and clean condo. Very convenient to the ski slopes as well. Would recommend this unit to anyone.

Our children went skiing and snowboarding as well as sledding at city hall! The trip was awesome and we are trying to work in another trip soon. We will definitely stay at the Pinnacle again and hopefully be able to rent #2113.

Just a note to some of the other reviews on here - I would strongly suggest checking the website for the unit and their descriptions since each unit is individually owned!

Can't wait for our next trip.

2  Thank Tbarb24
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Each condo is individually decorated...this means some are nice and some aren't. The decor in ours is somewhat dated, but it is very comfortable/cozy. The electric baseboard and wall heaters made me a little nervous. Great view from our unit of Ski Beech. Don't expect to be staying at The Westin when you arrive...as long as you keep your expectations in check you will be fine.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor unit with a view of Beech Mountain...some condos in the center of the complex...
1  Thank Arby1028
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I needed a place no more than three hours away for a late December week-end. Pinnacle had vacancies with plenty of options you can view on line. Stayed in Unit #1114 which was well-equipped and warm and toasty. Had difficulty starting fire in fireplace; wireless internet was very spotty. Staff, however, were friendly and accomodating. Firewood is available in rental office. Be prepared for extreme winter weather such as ice, snow, and wind. Summers are wonderfully cool and air conditioning is not needed. Not a luxury property, but good in its own way. The mountains are the real destination. I'll be staying again.

Room Tip: Visit the web site and view the different rooms; there is a good variety and reservations can be mad...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the last few years. I've seen this place go down hill and more recently start coming back.

The prices are very reasonable and most of the time they have vacancies. If you are looking for a last minute getaway, this isn't a bad place to stay.

The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The only drawback I've found is that the rooms seem to be a little dated. They feel old.

Overall, this is a good place to stay when visiting Banner Elk or Beech Mountain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CarolinaMiniPin
technogirltx, Public Relations Manager at The Pinnacle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to our property. Our condos are each individually owned, and hence they are updated and decorated individually by each owner. Some are more updated than others. Each rental unit is listed on our website, complete with photos so you can pick and choose a condo, based on your individual taste. Of course, the most updated condos book up first. We always recommend you call our office with your specific needs and tastes, and we will help you choose the right condo that meets your needs. Please come back and visit soon, try another unit that is more updated to your taste.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed for a week in Ski Suite 1305, the unit is perfect. It has been remodeled and has all the comforts of home in just 300 sq ft. The grounds are beautiful, the pool and hot tub areas are clean and inviting. The location is beautiful and convenient to all area attractions. You are on top of a HIGH mountain and it can be cool and breezy, be sure you you take sweaters and coats to keep warm while out walking around Beech Mountain where The Pinnacle is located. I have read some other reviews that I think they are harsh and unfair, I am sure if you look at the photos of the units, do your homework, look for the updated units when choosing you will be as happy with your stay as we were. When you consider the location and weather I think the buildings are in very good repair, I would hate to have to try and keep everything perfect. The only thing I noticed was just a few areas that needed a little paint touch up. Go...you'll enjoy it, we will definitely go back.

Be sure to visit Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, Linville Falls and Blowing Rock.

Room Tip: Look at the photos and you will be able to pick the unit perfect for you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 18 in Boone
Beech Alpen Inn
Beech Alpen Inn
#1 of 2 in Beech Mountain

Been to The Pinnacle Inn? Share your experiences!