“my son loved skiikng here”
Review of Beech Mountain

Beech Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: All-season activities abound at this mountain resort area: skiing, tubing and snowboarding in the winter; hiking, fishing and biking in the summer.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was my 1st time skiing so I stayed in the practice area all afternoon. It was end of season so the prices could not be beat. The guy at the beginner conveyor was extremly nice and helpful and I watched as he helped everyone tat was having issues falling and stuff and he never got in a bad mood dealing with the public..Extremly good service there. Will return next year

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Folks are friendly here, and the place has a laid back, very casual feel. You'll find everything you need, but no luxuries. They do seem to take snow-making seriously, which is important in the Southeast!

1  Thank Suzi B
Reviewed March 6, 2013

It had snowed for days so he had great ski conditions with the fresh snow on top of their man made snow. They also made more man made snow in addition to the "real snow".

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited Beech Mtn on Sun 3/3/13 for the 1st time with our 2 kids who were first time skiers. Ski conditions and fresh powder were amazing. Some chair lifts were closed which was disappointing since we paid so much to ski and were just there for 1 day. The ski school staff were excellent and our kids were on the Blue hills by the end of the day! However, the lodge and food at the lodge are horrible and VERY expensive. They were out of everything- soft pretzels, chili, pizza. Didn’t anyone plan for one of the best ski weekends of the season!? What they did have - disgusting cheeseburgers, processed liquid cheese were barely edible. It was 50.00 for 2 French fry baskets, 2 chicken finger baskets and 2 drinks! Those prices are worse than Disney or Ritzy hotels! I don't mind paying for food-as long as it is somewhat edible. This place needs a major facelift and reorg. There is a lot of potential here to make money if they would just put some time and thought into it. Next time, we will bring our own lunch or eat our lift passes instead. Also, it would be nice if they provided you with a trail map when you spend 126.00 on lift passes but they didn’t.

2  Thank Giddyupandgogirl
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me and my wife visited on March 1-3, 2013. We lodged at Pinnacle Inn Resort. The resort was great. Friendly staff. However, Beech Mountain we noticed immidately unhappy workers. I only encountered 1 employee in the group sales that was nice. Very welcoming. A male. All the other staff me and my wife encountered had attitudes. We live in Raleigh, NC. If people had attitudes like that with customers, they would be fired. I meet some head members of management and I could tell they weren't that educated. One manager tried to discourage me from snowboarding versus sking???? Seriously, we just spent money with you and want tell me it was a mistake. I am a Branch Manager with Bank of America. My recommendation is to hire an outside general manager with a corporate background to clean up the place and the customer service. It would attract more people. Diversity will make you more profitable then ignorance. Me and my wife are African American, not sure all of the staff liked that. However, money is green no matter who's hand it comes from.

1  Thank Cdouble9