“Perfectly serene”
Review of Beaufort Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Beaufort Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn at the last minute after re-routing to Beaufort on our way to Charleston. After gallery hopping downtown, we asked a few folks for recommendations on where to stay. The unanimous answer was the Beaufort Inn. We were greeted by Julie who immediately gave us our keys to our cottage. The room was spacious, well-decorated and private. The BI is very convenient to restaurants, the waterfront, and shopping. Also, the breakfast there was out of this world. If you do stay there, make sure to dine at Emily's across the street (they have a tapas menu with over 40 items).

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
BeaufortInnNC, Owner at Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2010

Thank you for your nice recommendation. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2009

We recommended this place to our friends who occupied two rooms there for our Christmas celebration. Soon after their arrival, they called and asked that we pick them up for the party in our company limousine. Upon arrival, I had to use the restroom so proceeded to the lobby area while our friends were on the way down from their rooms. This appeared to be a public area that was part of their restaurant. Since I am a local business owner, I know that this isn't like a B & B, but is rather considered a hotel. Therefore, I presumed this lobby was a public area. After I exited the bathroom, a very rude older woman (I'd guess was the owner) yelled loudly at me "ARE YOU STAYING HERE?" Of course, this was in a room full of people that all turned to stare. I explained to her that my family and friends were occupying two of the rooms, at my recommendation, and we were there to pick them up for dinner. She didn't care that she had pubicly embarrassed me at all so I would suggest NOT staying at The Beaufort Inn. Read the negative reviews and believe them. You would be taking a big chance with your hard earned money to stay there with people capable of such atrocious behavior in management. .

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Angela W

You pressumed correctly - the lobby is a public area. Our night clerk verified that one of the owners sister's aked the question out loud, "are you staying here?" I don't know why she asked such a question. I am sorry about this mistake and I can tell you that you would not be taking a chance staying at the Beaufort Inn, because we believe it is a first class facility.

Reviewed November 4, 2009

we stayed 1 night. killer sunset from our balcony in our rocking chairs, but the nearby bridge was noisy, and air conditioner gave off a fowl smell at times. view was excellent, room size good, paid $ 98 with AAA discount plus tax. breakfast was included and tasty, a baked pie of sausage, and eggs, or cereal or baked apples. friendly staff. near historic district. and fast internet! free

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments. Sorry about the smell from the air conditioner heat pump. We try to stay on top of that and hope that it does not happen again. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

The room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable and very well decorated. The bathroom was very quaint; old fixtures and tile, but everything worked very well. The staff was not overly friendly, but not rude either. The breakfast was very good. The location is excellent for walking around the historic district and the waterfront park. The latter has wonderful porch-types swings to sit in and watch the water and the people.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Sorry about our staff they are usually very friendly, and our red rockers on the porch are a nice touch.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

My family loves the picturesque seacoast community of Beaufort, NC. The town is rich in coastal history and fun activities, from the wild horses to the beautiful homes from the 1700s. This was the first time we had stayed at Beaufort Inn, but it won't be the last. The staff provided a great breakfast to start your day and snacks in the afternoon. The owners took time greeting and getting to know all their guests, remembering names and providing helpful information. It felt like family by the time we left. If you have a boat, this is the place to stay with easy waterfront access.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

What else can I say thank you, thank you !

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I loved this hotel and the views were superb. I sadly never met the eccentric owner but found the rest of the staff very helpful. Beaufort itself is a great place for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Look forward to having you again !

Reviewed July 7, 2009

Beaufort Inn is a quaint setting with picture perfect views on it's West Side. The draw bridge has a siren on it when passing sailboats go through. It was not a nuisance to sleeping, however. I would have enjoyed this inn more if I were traveling alone or only with my wife. But, there's nothing for small children to do. We also brought our boat and jetski, only to find out that the slips were not equipped to handle the personal watercraft, which had to be trailered after each use. I would recommend a floating dock for smaller craft. On top of that, the rather peculiar owner (Bruce Etheridge) would not allow us to park our boat trailers on his property. We had to leave them about 1.5 miles away at a public boat ramp or park about two blocks away next to a graveyard. I'm just glad that we had trailer coupler locks.

Additionally, we bought some small fireworks to setoff only to find out that Mr. Etheridge didn't allow it (I'm glad we asked first!). The breakfast was ho-hum, mostly microwaveable muffins and a sausage & cheese casserole served on a pie crust. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. They serve coffee and cookies from 3-5pm, which was nice if you're around the inn during that time.

Mr. Etheridge also confronted my brother and father as we were using his parking lot to turn the boat trailer around. He also did not like it when I was using his ice machine to top off our drink cooler (I wasn't filling the whole thing!). He said that we needed to save the ice for other guests, but most people had already left the inn as it was nearly 10am and we were trying to load the boat at the dock. Besides, the machine constantly makes ice, so it wasn't really going to cause any problem with the other guests.

There were signs posted all around to tell us what not to do. You can't take newspapers out of the common area and you must return the luggage cart to it's proper location. I considered these reasonable requests, but when you're trying to be hospitable, it's best not to remind your guests to the point that they feel uncomfortable and/or unwelcome. If I were running this establishment, I would let people take newspapers and I would let them move the luggage cart wherever they wanted and I would expect my staff to return it if the guests didn't.

We also received a confirmation letter which had nearly every line highlighted (mostly the rules and regulations, which didn't leave me with a good impression). It would have been more welcoming to simply write the letter in guest-friendly language and leave out the highlights.

So, was it a terrible trip? No. Could it have been better? Yes. If you want a quaint little inn run by quaint little people who are more concerned about their precious property than about your satisfaction as a paying customer, then feel good about Beaufort Inn. If you are looking for a place with a warm atmosphere, friendly staff, and the freedom to enjoy yourself, choose wisely.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank IBruton

Sorry about your experience, we are limited with parking so when we are full we ask that people with boat trailers park their trailers either at the boat ramp or on Broad St. As far as fireworks go we try to keep a safe enviroment for all our guests. We personally recieve great comments on our breakfast on weekends we do serve refreshments until 6pm. As far as confronting their brother and father i was probably showing them were to park . About the ice machine if one person fills their ice chest then it takes time for that ice to be replenished for our other guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn Morehead City
Hampton Inn Morehead City
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Beaufort Inn? Share your experiences!